Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Nuclear Cardiology department at Penn Presbyterian Medical Center (PPMC) is seeking a Per Diem Patient Access Representative. PPMC is a renowned center for cardiac care and ophthalmology. PPMC’s campus includes the Musculoskeletal Center’s outpatient facility at Penn Medicine University City and the Pavilion for Advanced Care, which is home to Penn Medicine’s Level 1 Regional Resource Trauma Center.
- Performing duties associated with greeting patients
- EPIC/PennChart scheduling and retrieving orders
- Answering phones, collecting co pays
- Making deposits, documentation, verifying insurances, and acquiring referrals and authorizations/precerts
- Acting as the initial contact for patients and visitors to the Outpatient Cardiology testing area
- Maintaining complete & accurate records
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Two years community college preferred
- Demonstrated coursework with Medical Terminology
- 1-2 years of experience in a healthcare environment with direct patient contact required
- Previous registration experience preferred with a thorough understanding of third party insurance coverage
- Excellent communication, verbal, and written skills required
- Professional appearance essential
- Successful certification of EPIC/PennChart (class)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.