Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Senior Application Analyst, IS-HRIS
Job ID: 164038
Category: Information Services/Technology/Service Desk/Telecom
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 6, 2023
Work Schedule: Full Time
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Senior Application Analyst
Corporate Services, IS-HRIS
The Senior Application Analyst is responsible for enhancing, supporting, and maintaining an application within the UPHS health system. Responsibilities include; providing instruction on various technical topics to other team members, managing an application project through the entire project life cycle while meeting project deadlines and initiatives. Coordinating the development of new functionality, testing and implementing scheduled vendor releases and system upgrades, and fixing system defects. Serve as the resource for other application team members on technical and functional application analysis, defining system requirements, and developing logical data models using best practices for build and configuration, maintenance and data integrity. Work with cross functional teams and UPHS clients by providing education on system functionality, and configuration of new tools to increase end user productivity within the application. Ensure system changes follow change management procedures and protocols, create and maintain all documentation for all assigned applications, and develop, plan and execute testing for supported applications. Communicates all necessary application changes, enhancements, and procedures to all necessary internal department teams.
- Participates in an application project by setting clear goals and objectives, and completing tasks in a timely manner
- Manages project plan, monitors tasks and milestones and reports project changes/status to Lead Application Analyst
- Works with the Lead Application Analyst to develop new policies and procedures relating to system design, enhancements, change control, and maintenance of the application
- Participates in new hire application training, mentoring and instruction on internal processes and educates application analysts on various projects; including testing, documenting, and configuration within the application
- Interprets and analyzes complex workflow/system requirements in order to design, configure, test and implement application solutions
- Defines system requirements, and develops logical data models using best practices for build and configuration, maintenance and data integrity
- Creates and maintains all documentation for assigned applications in order to establish standards for configuration and enhancements within the application
- Develops, and executes test plans that are comprehensive and inclusive of application functionality changes and/or enhancements to ensure successful outcomes
- Participates in system upgrades and scheduled vendor releases as requested to enhance the application and meet project objectives
- Works with the Lead Application Analyst to develop departmental standards regarding change control to ensure accurate data tracking and monitors change process by maintaining current protocols and reporting any problems to appropriate personnel
- Works independently on complex projects completing within the designated timeframe and under minimal guidance
- Provides ongoing support and maintenance as assigned
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 3+ years related experience required.
- Experience in health care IT preferred.
- Experience with Infor Cloud Suite based HRIS implementations.
- Functional knowledge in HCM, Payroll, Absence Management or Benefits processes preferred.
- Kronos experience and/or Workforce Management experience.
- Experience in SQL and reporting writing, especially in SSRS, is a plus.
Licenses, Registrations and Certifications:
- Vendor certification preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated customer service skills required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff required.
- Ability to implement process improvements required.
- Ability to troubleshoot, research and solve technically challenging problems involving integrated systems required.
- Must be able to function as part of a team providing a high level of quality service to clients required.
- Demonstrated project management skills preferred.
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities preferred.
- Ability to assist with basic hardware configurations, database management tools and query language preferred.
- Applications experience in either an application support or implementation role preferred.
- Knowledge of healthcare operations and data structures and the use of information system applications in the practicing healthcare environment preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE