Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
CRNA Administrative Coordinator
Job ID: 174429
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 7, 2023
Work Schedule: Per Departmental Needs
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Department: Anesthesia and Critical Care
- The CRNA Administrative Coordinator is responsible for administrative support for the CRNA group within the Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, including 130+ UPHS CRNAs and agency CRNAs. System responsibilities include payroll, on-boarding/ off-boarding processes, facilitation of annual performance evaluations, and employee file management. This role requires an excellent working rapport with physicians, nurse anesthetists, and staff. Provides exceptional business resource analysis and value-added reporting for Department leadership decision making.
- Monitor, reconcile and approve payroll in the Kronos/e-Star time reporting system, resolve payroll discrepancies and answer payroll queries.
- Responsible for ensuring effective orientation and on-boarding of all new CRNAs to include new hire paperwork and informing new employees of the required documentation/clearances, schedule all training activities and meetings, and request OR/Locker/Scrub access.
- Serve as main point of contact for new hires regarding post offer inquiries.
- Serve as a liaison between the Department and staffing agencies.
- Gathers & analyzes data on new hire onboarding experiences to identify and recommend opportunities for process improvements.
- Inform CRNA leadership of new hires that did not complete/clear pre-employment requirements or who did attend the scheduled new employee orientation.
- Work with credentialing coordinator to ensure credentialing process for all newly hired CRNAs runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Responsible for off-boarding CRNAs and attends to all queries and concerns pertaining to the off-boarding process.
- Work collaboratively with the Chief of Anesthesia, the Associate of Anesthesia and the Chief CRNA to complete annual and probationary CRNA performance evaluations.
- Keep accurate, organized and up to date personnel files as required by UPHS and Joint Commission standards.
- Work with the Chief of Anesthesia to complete Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluations (OPPEs) and Focused Professional Practice Evaluation (FPPEs) bi-annually
- Along with CRNA leadership, assist as needed with dissemination of information regarding department and hospital initiatives in order to keep the CRNAs informed.
- Work to promote a welcoming, team environment that values employee satisfaction and professional ownership.
- Distribute feedback to CRNAs on their annual performance and evaluations written by the Anesthesiology attendings.
- Follow up on incidents that occur that involve the CRNAs and provide feedback
- Along with CRNA leadership, as needed, work with HR contact to determine the best course of action when there is an incident that requires attention.
- Provide administrative support and oversight for the CRNA group within the Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, including 130+ UPHS CRNAs, and agency CRNAs.
- Coordinate clinical observer opportunities between UPHS CRNAs and nursing students who would like to shadow in the OR.
- Assist with special projects as requested.
- Comply with regulatory requirements.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 5+ years in an academic or medical practice required. Degree may be considered in lieu of experience.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science
- Major/ Area of Study: Business or related field
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE