Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Pharm Technician Infusion
Job ID: 174471
Work Type: FT
Location: Lancaster, PA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 7, 2023
Work Schedule: Variable
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Under close supervision and only when consistent with local pharmacy regulations, prepares pharmacy orders for filling and compounding, and maintains work areas and stocks. Hours of work: Generally Monday through Friday, 8:00A.M. to 6:00P.M. Incumbent will be required to rotate shifts, weekends, and holidays as required by the operating needs of Penn Home IT.
- The pharmacy technician will work under direct supervision of the registered pharmacist performing those duties deemed acceptable by the Pennsylvania State Board of Pharmacy.
- Receives physicians drug orders/prescriptions from Pharmacist. Recognizes common drug names; selects proper drug, dosage, form, strength, and quantity, as appropriate, for review by pharmacist. Knowledge of infusion devices, compounding supplies, basic knowledge of compounding compatibility and stability.
- Under the supervision of the pharmacist, prepares the prescription for compounding: completes the compounding record, gathers necessary pharmaceuticals, stages the prescription and products for the pharmacist to check and compounds the prescription under the direct supervision of the pharmacist.
- Documents necessary information on compounding records, including lot number, expiration dates, maintains prescription logs, and any other related pharmacy files as determined by the pharmacist in charge.
- Maintains all compounding records and Quality Control notebook.
- Prepares intravenous admixtures using appropriate sterile technique.
- Insure that inventory stock levels of drug items or legend ancillary equipment are maintained at appropriate levels.
- Maintain any pharmacy-related equipment.
- Clean the pharmacy compounding area per policy and procedure and maintain documentation of cleaning for QC notebook.
- Cleans, validates, and maintains compounding pumps per policy and procedure manual.
- Performs any related aseptic validation testing procedures per policy and procedure manual and maintains a record of those results on file as determined by the pharmacist in charge.
- Performs daily temperature checks on refrigerator, freezer, and incubators, and maintains documentation for QC notebook.
- Insure that all medications are checked on minimally on a monthly basis for expiration dating or at each restocking.
- Provides the pharmacist with a list of expired medications on a monthly basis.
- Performs any other related task as determined by the pharmacist or as determined by the Director of Operation and Pharmacy.
- Participates in CQI program.
- Inspects, validates, certifies, and coordinates biomedical maintenance and tracks DME utilizing EquipTrax software.
- Places purchase orders for drugs and supplies in place of materials manager.
- CPhT- Certified Pharmacy Tech (Required)
- Certified Pharmacy Technician - PTCB
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 0-1 years Pharmacy technician or related experience
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE