Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Ultrasound Technician I - FT Pennsylvania Hospital - Alternating Weekends and Weekdays
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 170888
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 7, 2023
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Performs ultrasonic recordings for the diagnosis of disease and is responsible for patient safety protocols. Functions as the first line interface with patients in the successful accomplishments of their imaging needs.
- Responsible for the safe and correct utilization of US equipment and images to insure proper care and safety of patients undergoing ultrasound treatment.
- Selects appropriate equipment to use for various procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of troubleshooting and is responsible for reporting equipment failure. INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department.
- Represents the hospital in a positive and professional manner.
- Adheres and upholds PEOPLE standards according to the hospital
- Shows compassion and kindness toward patient’s family members and guests.
- Interacts and communicates professionally and effectively with peers, physicians, patients, visitors and guests.
- Participates in programs/committees beneficial to departmental, hospital and health system improvement.
- Adheres to the dress code, is dressed neatly, cleanly and professionally.
- Wears ID badge.
- Possess knowledge and exhibits competency of procedures performed in the department and is able to appropriately respond to questions/concerns the patient or family may have.
- Must attend all mandatory in-services and staff meetings.
- Assists in the training of students and ancillary personnel.
- Must complete the CPR certification biannually
- Completes annual hospital mandated educational requirements and CMEs for licensure.
- Reads requests and looks up prior studies to ensure proper study and information given to Radiologist.
- When in question, evaluates clinical history and consults with Radiologist/referring physician to determine appropriate study.
- Uses appropriate methods to confirm patient identification.
- Produces clinically sufficient studies/images in a timely and efficient manner.
- Instructs and prepares patients for Ultrasound examinations.
- Assesses, evaluates and informs physician of changes in patient’s conditions during exam.
- Adheres to Ultrasound procedures/protocols.
- Follows the National Safety Goals.
- Knows how to call a Code or Rapid Response.
- Understands the importance of communication between health care providers in order to provide safe and prompt service for our patients.
- Efficiently operates the RIS and PACS system
- Exhibits proper phone skills
- Maintains patients confidentiality at all times
- Provides proper documentation for patient exams.
- Possess knowledge of hospital policies and the functions of the other departments.
- Completes all work before leaving.
- Meets dress code standards: appearance is neat and clean.
- Reports to work on time as scheduled; manages and completes work assignments within designated times
- Attends annual review and departmental in-services and meetings as scheduled.
- Maintains a clean work area
- Maintains consistent work flow
- Check supplies and notifies manager when needed.
- PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continues quality improvement activities
- Demonstrates and maintains rules and regulations of TJC and the State of Pennsylvania DOH.
- Adheres to safety program of Pennsylvania Hospital and the Department of Radiology
- Is aquatinted with local fire and safety regulations.
- Can locate the nearest fire exit and extinguisher. Knows the bell sequence for Ultrasound and the various codes for the hospital.
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- Other (Required)
- Graduation from an accredited training program in Diagnostic Ultrasound
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE