Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
FT Pharmacy Tech Inpatient (Variable Shift) - Penn Medicine Medical Center
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 174804
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 8, 2023
Work Schedule: Variable
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Assists in the filling and compounding of all inpatient medications under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist.
- Assists the pharmacist in preparing and compounding medications.
- Serves as a resource for pharmacists, medical and nursing staff.
- Follows Health System Policies and Procedures.
- Provides proper storage and security of patient sensitive documents and medication containers.
- Delivers medications in a timely manner.
- Delivers medications to appropriate location or patient room.
- Runs stat orders to floor promptly when directed by a pharmacist.
- Returns discharged and discontinued patient medications and IV’s to pharmacy.
- Puts away returns in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Can print various reports as needed (census, Pyxis, Cart-fill).
- Delivers controlled substances to correct location without discrepancy (places correct medication in right drawer).
- Delivers non-controlled substances to correct location without discrepancy (places correct medication in right drawer).
- Reviews expiration dates of medications and returns expired medications to Pharmacy Purchaser.
- Maintains aseptic technique when admixing of IVs.
- Mixes the correct medication in the correct solution when admixing.
- Provides the pharmacist with information necessary to check IV admixture (syringes, vials, label, calculations).
- Assists the pharmacist with pre-packing medications as needed with appropriate labeling requirements.
- Exchanges crash carts and other emergency medications as needed.
- Is able to practice in a variety of areas within the pharmacy as required by staffing.
- Completes assignments in a timely manner.
- Signs out medications from inventory and indicates medications requiring re-ordering.
- CPhT- Certified Pharmacy Tech (Required)
- Certified Pharmacy technician certification required.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Associate of Arts or Science
- Associate's Degree and Prior hospital or retail pharmacy experience preferred.
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- High School Diploma or GED required.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE