Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Clinical Liaison at Penn Medicine at Home Hospice Day Shift
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 172487
Work Type: FT
Location: Bala Cynwyd, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Full Time - Day Shift M-F
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Develops relationships with referral sources, grows profitable revenue streams, and builds Penn Medicine at Home (PMAH) market share. He/She will be responsible for responding to referral requests, providing information to patients and families, obtaining consents, and assuring timely and efficient admission in collaboration with the home care and hospice teams. The Liaison will generate new patient activity and create deeper relationships with referral sources including LTC facilities, hospitals, physicians and other referring staff. In conjunction with operations leadership and Business Development, the Liaison will coordinate community relations, education, and marketing and business development activities related to care provided by Penn Medicine at Home to generate positive name recognition and consumer relations.
- Ensures patient/customer satisfaction through complete and continuous measurement of satisfaction levels for all key customer groups.
- Works with Clinical Departments, UPHS Partners, Penn Medicine at Home and Suppliers to develop programs, services and change initiatives that anticipate future customer needs, build customer loyalty and generate growth. Positions PMAH as a leader in care in the area.
- Completes consents and other documents in order to assist eligible patients elect care. Provides direct care to the patient in the facility and hospital as needed.
- Anticipates patient/customer physical and emotional needs and assures that they are accommodated. Identifies individual patient's/customer's special and diverse needs and modifies interactions to satisfy them.
- Delivers patient/customer service seamlessly across system boundaries. Takes action to make up for lapses in service. Ensures patient/customer/family confidentiality and respect.
- Develops and maintains a high level of knowledge and expertise in all services. Complies with identified service standards. Provides accurate information about Penn Medicine at Home regarding criteria for admission, available services, reimbursement criteria, and coverage under Medicare and Medicaid. Troubleshoots service failures.
- Develops and implements sales strategies to capture new business and at key accounts.
- Maintains communication with referral sources and continually monitors satisfaction. Conducts periodic meetings with referral sources on referral history and patient statistics.
- Acts as a resource to clinical staff and referral sources on home care, hospice and end of life care.
- Driver's License (Required)
- RN or RN-NJ (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
4+ years relevant experience
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE