Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Scheduler- REMOTE NJ/NY
Job ID: 174312
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Mar 9, 2023
Work Schedule: FT
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
This is a REMOTE position, training will be on-site in Plainsboro, NJ for 3 weeks.
- The Scheduler is responsible for computerized patient scheduling and registration including obtainment and verification of all required demographic and company information to ensure accurate and timely reimbursement.
- Answers inbound telephone calls in a pro customer service, professional, timely and efficient manner per department protocol. Reviews or collects demographic, insurance, and clinical information to establish completeness and accuracy of data as per protocol. Enters data into appropriate fields within PennChart. Ensures all necessary authorizations are in place prior to patient's scheduled appointment. Utilizes PennChart to prioritize workload based on service, date, and company requirements. Utilizes shared drive or places phone call to company to ensure that all necessary referrals/ authorizations are in place. Communicates all necessary information to patient, physician, or responsible party regarding authorization requirements. Schedules Occ Health clients and Princeton Health employees in the Schedistration program in PennChart whether made in person or by telephone. Answers assigned telephone lines appropriately and promptly, transferring to correct parties when necessary. Take clear and precise messages, assuring they are placed in appropriate location for communication.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- High school Graduate/ GED/ Equivalent Work Experience required.
Specialized Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- Prefer experience using EPIC system
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge, of commercial insurance procedures and accounts receivable practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required; Professionalism essential.
- Also required are a customer service orientation, a teamwork approach, flexibility and organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills are essential
- Bilingual a plus
- Equal Employment Opportunity
Penn Medicine Princeton Health provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
- Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as employees are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
- Job Responsibilities
The following statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Penn Medicine Princeton Health may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE