Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Accountant, Financial Reporting
Job ID: 175397
Work Type: FT
Location: Bala Cynwyd, PA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 9, 2023
Work Schedule: 8:00AM-4:30PM, M-F | Remote Flexibility
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Accountant, Financial Reporting supports the entity Finance Team by using critical thinking skills and enhanced attention to detail. The Accountant, Financial Reporting will be primarily responsible for creating and maintaining various reports, processing entity journal entries, overseeing provider CME expense review process, and completing financial analyses as requested by Finance Team and Operational leaders.
- Prepares the daily cash reporting to the Physician Billing Office
- Prepares and distributes the daily visit report comparing actual versus budget, pulling data from Epic, manipulating that data in Access in order to report out each day in summary manner by practice
- Assists in analyzing trends & investigating variances to budget during monthly financial review and ad hoc as needed
- Calculates monthly patient visits from Epic billing data, creates the detail journal entry file to upload the data into the General Ledger to be able to report on those visits in detailed fashion by practice, by provider, by type
- Prepares the monthly cash to revenue report which is a key test of the accuracy of our AR valuation, pulling multiple sources of data together to compare net patient revenue to cash, by practice, observing changing cash flows and accounting for them accurately and in great detail.
- Prepares the monthly IET (Inter Entity Transfer) schedules by Entity and shares with appropriate entity leadership
- Assembles the monthly Business Office Review report that is shared with UPHS Financial leadership each month, containing key financial statements and reports, ensuring the reports are final and accurate.
- Prepares standard and adjusting journal entries for month end close. Numerical and statistical. Performs data entry of journals to the general ledger and assures accurate input
- Reviews provider CME expense reimbursements: serves as the gatekeeper for Financial approvals, ensures expenses align with policy, answers questions from providers and managers, works with appropriate leadership to resolve discrepancies.
- Creates revenue reports using the general ledger report writer function as directed by department & management
- Participates in the year end closing/audit process by reconciling accounts and providing auditors with necessary schedules
- Participates in the development of the revenue budgets by compiling prior year data and attending all necessary budget meetings.
- Performs special analysis and projects assigned by the senior finance staff as requested
- Works closely with personnel within the corporate department, and across the entity, to resolve issues efficiently.
- Bachelor's Degree (Required), preferably in Accounting or Finance.
- 1+ years of related experience in accounting/financial reporting positions (Required)
- 1+ years of experience with physician practice financial systems/management, physician billing, and patient accounting (Preferred)
- Previous experience using Lawson (Preferred).
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities
- Strong financial and budget management skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Access and Excel
- Ability to utilize computer software
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from others
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, to multi-task, to meet deadlines, and think critically (using excellent problem-solving skills)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE