Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
PRN Certified Cardiac Catheterization Technologist - PPMC
Job ID: 175204
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 9, 2023
Work Schedule: Per Diem Days
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Presbyterian has a Per Diem opportunity for a Certified Cardiac Cathertization Technologist
This position is responsible for providing clinical and technical care to cardiac patients in the cardiac catheterization and/or electrophysiology laboratories.
- Assists with performing initial patient assessment / primary interview upon patient’s arrival. Assists with transporting patients as needed.
- Preps for procedures using aseptic technique. Prepares patient for invasive procedures by preparing catheter sites, preparing table, and preparing equipment using sterile technique.
- Circulates within department during procedures for purposes of providing supplies, attending to the needs of the patient, running O2 Sats, and performing emergency support. Stocks procedure rooms and bedside supplies daily.
- Responds to emergency situations by administration of CPR, electrical defibrillation, and ventilation.
- Assists physicians during procedures by performing scrub assist duties. Prepares specialty equipment as ordered by the physician.
- Analyzes hemodynamics, interprets ECGs, and records procedural events properly.
- Monitors and documents events and conditions of patients in an accurate, clear, and precise manner throughout the procedure according to departmental documentation standards. Maintains mandatory daily logs and equipment checklists. Notifies physician and nursing staff of significant changes in patient vital signs and overall status. Notifies appropriate departments in the event of an emergency. Processes, labels, and stores studies appropriately.
- Conducts QC for invasive and other procedures within the department including X-Ray in all procedure rooms, temperature logs (refrigerator, blanket warmer). Sets up sterile trays for invasive procedures, assists with making procedure trays using sterile technique.
- Is familiar and competent with all procedural and specialty equipment and software used during a procedure for documentation in the electronic medical record. Troubleshoots minor equipment repairs or notifies Clinical Engineering as needed. Reports major equipment problems to management. Cleans patient equipment daily.
- Provides post-procedural care upon conclusion of study/procedure. Removes sheaths after procedures, ensures hemostasis, cleans and dresses insertion sites. Educates patient on post-procedure guidelines.
- Assists with room turnover and lab cleans between procedures as needed.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required
Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) required
ARRT or RCIS required.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
Associate's Degree in Cardiovascular Technology/Allied Health or higher level of education required
1+ years Prior experience in Cardiac Cath / EP Lab preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE