Job ID: 174232
Category: Nurse Practitioner/ Physician Assistant
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 9, 2023
Work Schedule: Full Time
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Deadline to apply is May 5th, 2023. Applications are required through the Penn Medicine Career page. Please attach documents to your application.
Penn Medicine will be hiring Providers (Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioners and/or Masters prepared Physician Assistants) into a Cardiology Advanced Practitioner Fellowship Program. This will be a 12-month paid Fellowship of a thorough didactic and clinical curriculum, with a start date in early 2024.
This is a post graduate fellowship program designed for acute care certified nurse practitioners and certified physician assistants who have a lifelong commitment to learning and are seeking a career as a Cardiology Advanced Practice Provider at Penn Medicine as there maybe opportunity for employment following the successful completion of this program. The purpose is to train qualified nurse practitioners and physician assistants to function as expert providers in Cardiology. This end is facilitated by a robust didactic curriculum and clinical rotations through Penn Medicine acute care Cardiology practices.
Department physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants participate as mentor/preceptors in this program. The focus of training is the development of expertise in cardiology where trainees will participate in 60 hours of work per week (50clinical and 10 academic hours). At the end of the program a Post Master’s certification is granted (3 CUs) from the University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing. Upon successful completion of the Fellowship and credentialing through the University of Pennsylvania Medical Board, opportunities for employment may be available.
**Along with submitting this on-line application, the following must be included in order to be considered an applicant for the Fellowship
• A one-page personal narrative describing professional goals and interest in post graduate training in Cardiology.
• A resume/CV, including a description of past acute care experience, if any.
• Three (3) letters of recommendation: one from your current or recent clinical supervisor/ physician/preceptor, one from an Academic Advisor/Faculty, and one employment supervisor.
**All applications will be reviewed by Recruitment and the Program Director, and Finalists for the Fellowship positions will be contacted to video interview up until the deadline. Interviews will take place in June. Final selections will be completed in July 2023.
Master’s prepared Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
• Pennsylvania state licensure and Acute Care Nurse Practitioner certification or Masters prepared Physician Assistant is required at time of start. (Must graduate and pass boards and successfully credentialed to begin this program)
• Ability to commit and work at least 60 hours (includes class time) per week (including nights, weekends, and holidays) for the entire 12-month program.
• BLS, ACLS required.
• A Health Care Assessment, references and personal interview is required. In addition, you must clear all required drug screen and background checks and attest as a non-tobacco user to be eligible.
Additional Information: **This 12-month Fellowship offers a very competitive salary, benefits and scheduled paid time off.We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.