Job ID: 174342
Category: Behavioral Health/Psychology
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Mar 10, 2023
Work Schedule: 7a-7p w/ weekend requirements
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Medicine Princeton Health is seeking a Registered Nurse to join our team in the Center for Eating Disorders Care in Plainsboro, NJ. This is a full-time day shift opportunity. The ideal candidate will be available to work 36 hours per week, 7AM – 7PM.
As a Registered Nurse at you will …
Partner with the treatment team to support daily oversight and management of patient care and the care environment. You will assist patients with admission and discharges, medication management, psychoeducation, medical procedures, and will complete medical documentation, provide on-going clinical staff supervision to unlicensed nursing staff, and perform other duties assigned.
· Assess client health and well-being daily. Promptly reports concerns to the physician and other team members who need to know and documents all findings and interventions.
· Communicate pertinent nursing and care plan related information to direct care staff on a daily basis. Ensure “hand off” communication each shift.
· Participate in treatment team meetings and contribute to the client care plan on a regular basis.
· Participate in developing and maintaining the patient treatment plan.
· Participate in patient education and lead psychoeducation groups as assigned.
· Serve as a liaison between physicians and the clients to answer questions about medication changes, physician appointments, and health related issues in a language the client can understand.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.