Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Director Radiology - Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 175938
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: M-F with off hour responsibility
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Penn Medicine is one of the world's leading academic medical centers dedicated to the related missions of medical education, biomedical research and excellence in patient care. Penn Medicine consists of the Raymond and Ruth Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania (founded in 1765 as the nation's first medical school) and the University of Pennsylvania Health System, which together form a $6 billion enterprise. Penn Medicine's vision is to establish clinical programs that provide the full continuum of state-of-the-art care in a fully integrated, multi-disciplinary and patient friendly way. The Director, Radiology for HUP will be responsible for strategic and operational oversight for all Radiology programs at the HUP. This position has leadership responsibilities for over 370 FTE's and an operating budget in excess of $90 million for HUP, the Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine and HUP Cedar. These locations perform over 500,000 exams per year – with approximately 62% delivered on an outpatient basis. He/she will work closely and collaboratively with HUP Senior Leaders and UPHS Radiology Leadership, to develop strategic, operating and financial plans for Radiology Services at HUP. The Director of Radiology at HUP will provide a vision and pathway for innovative approaches to Radiology Practice to ensure the best care for our patients. He/she will create a patient focused organization in support of the delivery of the highest quality care and will provide a vision for Radiology services across the continuum of care within the Hospital. Penn Medicine is seeking an accomplished Radiology leader who can work effectively in a high-volume academic setting and relationship-driven culture. This is an outstanding opportunity to join Penn Medicine and significantly shape the future of our Radiology operation. The Director, Radiology, HUP will have overall responsibility for the development of strategy, growth, operational oversight and financial planning for Radiology at HUP. He/she will provide leadership for all aspects of the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania Radiology Services to include the facilitation of relationships between the Medical Staff and Nursing. The incumbent will provide leadership to the department Chair, Division Chiefs and is a member of the Department Executive Committee.
- Patient/Client Focus
- • Understands the needs and expectations of patients, referring physicians and faculty and staff across the Hospital.
- • Personally spends time with Radiology Leadership, managers and staff to build partnerships, identify opportunities that will drive performance.
- • Works with Radiology Leadership in developing programs, services and products to anticipate future business needs, build strength and generate growth.
- • Ensures Radiology Management and Staff satisfaction through comprehensive and continuous measurement utilizing available resources and strategies for employee engagement.
- • Continuously communicates to Radiology leadership the importance of patient and client satisfaction and establishes priorities for improving departmental performance in meeting and exceeding health system expectations.
- • Supports the creation of clinical effectiveness targets, improvement plans and reporting systems to ensure the delivery of high quality, effective and efficient patient care
- • Support the ongoing Clinical Effectiveness Team approach to delivering care, supported by a strong shared governance team model for each modality
- • Ensures that teams and individuals have the clinical, training and organizational tools to serve our patients and customers effectively and efficiently
- • Drives key success elements of access, quality, service and value.
- • Aligns work with the Penn Medicine Team Goals.
- • Establishes clinical effectiveness targets and strategies annually (part of budget process).
- • Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulatory standards and requirements, including ACR, TJC, Department of Health, funding agencies, FDA, HIPAA and others.
- • Ensures that regulatory requirements are met and maintained
- • Identifies and facilitates agreement of major messages which are consistent regardless of audience, credible and reflects UPHS’ core values
- • Partners with the Radiology practice team in developing and implementing common financial systems and standards in a coordinated and efficient manner.
- • Consults with UPHS Leaders in the assessment and evaluation of on-going programs, clinical commitments and businesses.
- Staff Development
- • Recruits the best people based on capabilities and on commitment to UPHS core values.
- • Committed to building a diverse workforce.
- • Retains and supports staff based on high performance and on demonstrated behavior consistent with UPHS core values.
- • Ensures that employees are motivated, enabled and empowered to meet clear performance expectations.
- • Ensures that employees have the opportunity to continually develop their skills, learn and grow.
- • Fosters mutual respect and teamwork within HUP, the Ambulatory Radiology operations, with Corporate Finance and across the Health System.
- • Establishes appropriate workforce strategies to meet organizational performance objectives inclusive of succession planning
- • Leverages Human Resources to accomplish results through collaboration, partnership and use of HRIS.
- Amer Registry Radiologic Tech (preferred)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- 7+ years minimum requirement of seven to ten years of Radiology management
Experience and knowledge of Radiology operations within a hospital
Demonstrated clinical expertise in Radiology
- Master of Arts or Science (preferred)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE