Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Licensed Practical Nurse - Plainsboro, NJ - Full time/Day Shift
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 171137
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday (Day shift) 1 evening per week.
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Provide clinical services that include collection of information, leadership of activity and education groups, treatment plan input, and documentation for all services provided. To schedule and track physician visits and laboratory work within the assigned partial hospital program or site.
- Provide assistance to the treatment team by: managing patients in the milieu, participating in the implementation of the multidisciplinary treatment plan, identifying significant changes in patients' clinical status and communicating this information to appropriate member(s) of the treatment team
- Support customer service and performance improvement goals of the department; collaborate with other caregivers/staff, within and outside the department, to develop means of enhancing patient care and service.
- Schedule MD time in accordance with requirements set for routine visits. Allow for MD schedule changes due to changes in patient presentation and work with Program Director, Coordinator, and clinicians in triage of patients. Track, record and bill each MD visit.
- Collect specimens for laboratory work as prescribed by the physician.
- Collect health data of patients as requested.
- Conducts individual and group activity and education sessions.
- Document each treatment session in accordance with Princeton House documentation policies.
- Participate in treatment rounds, working with treatment team to coordinate care through exchange of clinical information.
- Interact professionally and respectfully with patients, families and staff in performance of daily duties.
- Participate in hospital and program performance improvement program and goals.
- Maintain standards of confidentiality.
- Possess the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to meet patients' physical, psychological and social needs with those growth and development levels/patient populations served within the department.
- Participate in unit compliance as related to established standards.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (Required)
- Active Practical Nurse License in the state of New Jersey
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- High School Diploma or GED required.
Graduate of a nursing program as an LPN.
Previous experience in treatment of the program's patient population.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE