Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Ultrasound Tech Per Diem
Job ID: 171645
Work Type: PT -19 HOURS
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Mar 17, 2023
Work Schedule: Per Diem Days
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Staff Sonographer - working under the delegated authority of the supervising physician, serves as a medical imaging professional providing clinically relevant information to assist the physician with the diagnosis and treatment of patients. The Staff Sonographer role and responsibilities include providing diagnostic medical sonography services and its various clinical specialties. The Staff Sonographer activities are performed consistent with their education and training, and in accordance with facility policies and procedures and applicable professional standards.
- Obtain patient history and discuss procedure process with patients.
- Prepare and examine patients for ultrasound examinations.
- Operate, set up, clean and adjust ultrasound equipment.
- Capture images onto PACS and transfer to physician workstation for interpretation.
- Assist Physician's as needed.
- Prepares room, equipment and materials as needed.
- Prepares patient for ultrasound examination, explains procedures, transfers patient to table, positions and assists patient at end of procedure.
- Consistently demonstrates competence in performing ultrasound techniques and procedures.
- Observes patient and equipment during procedure, reports unusual occurrences and records patient’s condition.
- Maintains professional, courteous, and cooperative manner with patients, co-workers, and public.
- Follows proper procedure for clerical and administrative tasks as related to job.
- Exercises initiative as appropriate in performance of duties.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the Ulticare system and completes documentation of exams.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Demonstrates growth in ultrasound field. Attends appropriate continuing education programs to maintain/develop skills and knowledge.
- Supports customer service and performance improvement goals of the department.
- Maintains standards of confidentiality.
- Required to be On-Call
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Other (Required)
- Graduate of a CAHEA accredited ultrasound school required.
Experience one year general ultrasound required.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE