Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Hospital Aide II
Job ID: 175826
Category: Respiratory Therapy
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 17, 2023
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Position Title: RT Hospital Aide
Department: Respiratory Care Services
Location: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania- 3400 Spruce St
Hours of Work: Evening hours weekdays, day or evening hours weekend. Hours of work may be adjusted to meet the twenty-four hour operational needs of the department.
Requirements: Demonstrated basic mechanical abilities and knowledge of hand tools. Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Respiratory Therapy Student Preferred
Summary of Position Accountabilities:
The essential function of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for cylinders, equipment, portable oxygen, supplies to and from designated areas.
- Performs equipment rounds and ensures availability of equipment on units.
- Transports dirty equipment back to department soiled utility room.
- Disassembles, cleans, processes, re-assembles, and tests equipment for operation.
- Checks expiration dates of supplies.
- Provides minor preventative and corrective maintenance on equipment, refers equipment to Clinical Engineering when necessary.
- Performs other duties in area of responsibility that may be assigned.
- Operate Drying cabinets, respiratory equipment, hand tools, computer, medical gas regulators, H cylinders, E cylinders, humidifiers, temperature probes, BiPAP machines, temperature probes.
- This position requires the ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks while maintaining a courteous manner. Incumbent is expected to follow established departmental procedures and guidelines with minimal direction or supervision. Judgment required for prioritizing equipment and supplies request/duties.
- Sustained attention to details required when reassembling, repairing equipment and when responding to requests. Improper assembly of equipment or delivery of incorrect equipment may be harmful to patients.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment and inventory supplies.
- Maintains department records as assigned by supervisor.
- Working conditions vary. Fast paced environment driven by both scheduled and unscheduled work depending upon what area of the hospital the incumbent is working.
- Requires handling of infectious waste: blood, body fluids, contaminated equipment. Exposed to infectious diseases via cleaning respiratory equipment.
- Frequent standing, walking, reaching. In some instances, light carrying or pushing heavy equipment.
Education and Certifications:
- H.S. Diploma / GED (Required)
- CPR certification (Required)
- Respiratory Therapy Student Preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE