Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
401000 Mgr Volunteer Svcs
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 176508
Work Type: FT
Location: Bala Cynwyd, PA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 20, 2023
Work Schedule: Variable
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
This position will support the West Chester and Bala Cynwyd locations.
- The Volunteer Service Manager is responsible for all aspects of planning, coordination, recruitment and administration of Penn Medicine Hopsice volunteer programs and services. The Volunteer Service Manager manages the program consistent with regulatory and program policies and procedures while advancing the programs standards of practice.
- Plans, budgets and evaluates delivery of volunteer services consistent with regulatory and hospice policies and procedures and standards of practice. Recruits, interviews and selects volunteers. Plans and conducts volunteer support meetings and competency trainings. Develops and implements the volunteer component of the Interdisciplinary Plan of Care and contributes to the IDT through direct attendance or delegation.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team and hospice management staff to assure quality provision of care, regulatory compliance and program development.
- Responsible for volunteer recruitment plans and outreach to increase recognition of Penn Medicine Hospice within the communities of service which includes presentations to staff and outside groups
- Conducts patient assessments and appropriate assignment of volunteers
- Provides monthly, quarterly and end of year data regarding volunteer department initiatives, compliance, active volunteer status, new programs and updated lists of programs, trainings, and events
- Supports hospice programs, presentations and events with volunteer support
- Directs all volunteer support services for Camp Erin, including the recruitment, screening, interviewing, training and ensuring compliance with background checks and health screenings for participation in a children’s program as required
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills with professional and volunteer staff. Participates in professional and community activities with the goal of expanding the scope and awareness of Penn Medicine Hospice and Volunteer opportunities
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- 7+ years management experience in recruitment and retention of volunteers
Certificate of completion of the National Hospice Organization’s approved Volunteer Training or willingness to participate in such training upon hire.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE