Job ID: 174685
Category: Social Work
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 21, 2023
Work Schedule: Day
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Behavioral Health is looking for a FT Psychotherapist for the Psychiatry dept!!!!
This position is housed in the Suicide Prevention Consultation Center (SPCC), and federally-funded by a large center grant (Penn INSPIRE Center) in partnership with local emergency departments. The psychotherapist will provide evidence-based, time-efficient clinical interventions and case management via telehealth to adult patients during and following suicide-related emergency department visits. As part of this clinical intervention, the psychotherapist will assess for suicide risk and collaboratively develop a safety plan with the patient to identify potential warning signs of a suicidal crisis and points of potential intervention.
· Provide brief, evidence-based clinical intervention (Stanley-Brown Safety Planning Intervention) to a diverse population of emergency department patients at risk for suicide remotely via telehealth
· Conduct weekly structured patient outreach by telephone in month following patient discharge from the emergency department, including a brief risk assessment, mood check, and review/revision of the safety plan
· Facilitate outpatient follow-up treatment for patients and support outpatient treatment engagement
· Communicate and collaborate with emergency department team regarding individual patients
· Participate in regularly scheduled caseload consultation with the suicide prevention expert
· Experience with evidence-based counseling techniques for suicidal patients is preferred
· Advanced training in trauma-informed care, racial trauma, culturally-competent supervision, and/or culturally-responsive interventions is highly desired
Education or Equivalent Experience:
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.