Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Supervisor Clinic Operations
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 173886
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Variable
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Location: Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine-3400 Civic Center Blvd
Department: Med Rheumatology
- The Supervisor of Clinic Operations will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day operational needs of the outpatient practice including staffing coverage, office and medical supply inventory management, physician room assignments, and provider schedules. This individual is responsible for providing high quality patient care and maintaining a patient focused environment. The Supervisor of Clinic Operations will provide direct oversight to the ancillary staff and support planned and unplanned vacancies to ensure optimal workflow is preserved in the clinic. In the absence of the Practice Manager, the Supervisor of Clinical Operations may take on additional responsibilities.
- Supports the Senior Practice Manager with the day to day operational needs
- staffing, assuring appropriate coverage, providing back up as needed
- physician room assignments
- ongoing Template management, Provider schedules
- office supplies and medical supplies, maintaining inventory and supply ordering
- Regularly reviewing work processes to ensure efficiency of workflow, implementing best practices
- Effectively works with Manager to establish, implement, and maintain practice policies, and procedures
- Ensuring compliance with quality and safety, and regulatory requirements
- Directly managing the MA staff
- Responsible for the recruitment and retention of Medical Assistants
- Ensures new hires are provided adequate training to display competence
- Clearly defines work expectations, provides real-time feedback
- Assist staff in addressing challenges and skill deficits
- Encourages continuous growth and change management
- Medical Assistant
- Maintain MA Certification
- Responsible for filling planned and unplanned MA vacancies to ensure optimal patient workflow in the clinic
- Promptly rooms patient, reviews past medical, surgical, family, smoking history, allergies, medications, medication refills, vital signs, referrals, pre-certification
- Observes patient condition and communicates any abnormal data or changes to Provider
- Specimen management, responds to emergency code situations
- Cleans, disinfects equipment according to protocol
- Medical Assistant or Emergency Medical Technician certification (Required)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 5+ years Outpatient experience required, advance degree may be considered in lieu of experience
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE