Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Clinical Support Representative- Spruce Internal Medicine Assoc, Philadelphia, PA
Job ID: 177174
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 28, 2023
Work Schedule: Variable
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Clinical Support Representative (CSR) supports the practice by performing clinical and administrative duties including assisting patients in exam rooms, updating documentation, and cleaning and sterilizing equipment.
Department: Spruce Internal Medicine Assoc.
Location: Penn Medicine Washington Square- 800 Walnut St
- Patient Care Accountabilities:
- Promptly rooms patients, using EMR to alert provider that patient is ready.
- If requested by patients, act as chaperone / patient observer during appointments or procedures.
- Assists patients as needed with walking, transfers, dressing, undressing, preparing for the exam; remains in exam room when necessary/requested.
- Functions as a witness for procedural consents if required.
- Responds appropriately to emergency/code situations.
- Clerical / Other Accountabilities:
- Obtain and scan documents as appropriate and required for visit: test results, faxes, reports, notes, referrals, etc.
- Completes medical forms and other requests for information as appropriate and required. Prepares and sends patient correspondence as required.
- Assists clinical staff with the maintenance of patient education materials as needed.
- Promptly performs call-backs as directed by provider and manager.
- Provides patients with follow up care instructions as instructed by provider Environmental / Safety Accountabilities:
- Adheres to universal body fluids precautions and infection control policies. Disposes of infectious waste properly. Promotes infection control by using appropriate hand washing techniques.
- Ensures that the patient care areas are kept neat, orderly, well stocked and properly prepared.
- Cleans and disinfects instruments and equipment according to protocols and checks that the instruments and equipment are in proper working order. Notifies Supervisor of malfunctions. Sets up equipment and instruments as per practice protocol.
- Cleans and restocks equipment as needed. Authorized to access secured area to obtain items such as intravenous solutions and medication preparation supplies for the purpose of stocking and maintaining pars in the medication carts. Secures stock items in appropriate location.
- CSRs, if applicable as per regulatory guidelines: Maintains medication storage closet inventory and security; checks expiration dates; removes outdated items.
- Other / Regulatory:
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local regulatory standards (ex TJC, DOH, FDA, HIPAA, HCFA, DPW, LCGME, SCGME, etc.)
- Flexible and readily adopts new processes and engages in practice operation changes.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Certified Nurse Aid
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant or Certified Nursing Assistant program preferred
1+ years Related experience preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE