This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 177714
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 28, 2023
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Medicine is seeking a full-time, day-shift PGY2 Pharmacy Resident at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP).
Responsibilities include commitment to patient care, service to the pharmacy department, and accepting personal responsibility for one's own learning experience through completion of rotations, longitudinal experiences, evaluation procedures, residency assignments and meeting attendance.
• Prepares and dispenses medications using appropriate techniques to ensure outcomes of drug therapies and following the health system’s policies and procedures
• Provides concise, applicable and timely responses to drug information requests from health care providers and patients. • Ensures continuity of pharmaceutical care to and from the acute and ambulatory patient-care settings.
• Participates in the established process for assessing, managing, and reporting ADEs.
• Assumes responsibility for the adherence to the medication-use policies and guidelines.
• Participates in the management of medical emergencies.
• Manages time effectively to fulfill practice responsibilities. • Complies in all activities with accreditation, legal, regulatory, and safety requirements for a specific practice setting.
• Participates in Entity and Department wide initiatives for Patient /Employee safety.
• Demonstrates an awareness of patient/ employee safety when carrying out daily responsibilities of their position. • Maintain a professional image
• Designs, recommends, monitors, evaluates and documents patient and age-specific pharmacotherapy. • Validation of annual competencies required for the position.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an accredited college of pharmacy
Completion of PGY1 Pharmacy Residency
PA pharmacist license
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.