Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Pennsylvania Hospital Outpatient Pharmacy Manager
Job ID: 176240
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 29, 2023
Work Schedule: Days
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Pennsylvania Hospital has an immediate opening for a Manager of Outpatient Pharmacy. This position will have oversight responsibility for all retail, discharge and specialty prescription services.
- The Pharmacy Manager will provide leadership for all Outpatient Pharmacy services and its employees. These services include retail pharmacy, specialty pharmacy and ambulatory pharmaceutical care. The individual in this position will be accountable for implementing and monitoring the operational and clinical functions of the Outpatient Pharmacy. Additionally, the Pharmacy Manager will be responsible for meeting regulatory requirements, employee engagement and satisfaction, professional development, workforce planning, budget planning and the oversight of performance measures and other operational goals as they relate to patient care services, individual and team performance
- This individual will demonstrate expertise in the ability to mentor, manage, and lead staff to provide effective and compliant care and services. The individual will be an effective communicator with the ability to transfer knowledge (orally and in writing), train staff, and remediate performance issues. The manager will have the ability to work with staff at all levels and be effective at leading change, expertise in building and leading teams
- Exemplifies in his / her action principles of collegiality and collaboration at all times
- Effectively manages and efficiently uses all resources
- Balances priorities; meets deadlines; responsive to requests; and keeps commitments
- Recommends short term goals and some long-term goals in alignment with department strategic plans
- Creates and maintains a culture of safety and engagement
- Maintains competency as a pharmacist in areas of responsibility
- Performs staff pharmacist duties when necessary
- Sustains professional competence and promotes self-development
- Patient Care and Satisfaction
- Communicates with patients and family members in a friendly, caring and informative manner.
- Preserves confidentiality, privacy and dignity of patients and visitors, according to policy.
- Acts as a consultant to the patient family and multidisciplinary staff.
- Responds with empathy to patient, families and other staff members.
- Employee Satisfaction
- Regularly meets with staff to improve communication and to build productive relationships.
- Continuously communicates to staff the importance of patient satisfaction, quality of care, and sound financial performance; and champions our successes and priorities for improving performance in meeting and exceeding patient and customer expectations.
- Analyze employee satisfaction data and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate with staff to develop action plans for improvement.
- Implement and follow through with action plans.
- Focus energy on collaboration for problem solving and not blame
- Establish/update processes and work practices for the unit/department
- Share data with staff and mutually identify opportunities for improvement within the department’s span of influence.
- Manage team and individual performance in alignment with the UPHS vision of service excellence:
- Drive patient and client loyalty by ensuring staff understand the UPHS commitment to service, their own work processes, and have the necessary skills to meet service expectations.
- Manage patient/client complaints and provide timely follow up to ensure satisfaction.
- Ensure staff understand and demonstrate service recovery commitment.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or PharmD (Required)
5+ years Retail Pharmacy experience (Required)
Prior management experience (Preferred)
Specialty Pharmacy, Ambulatory Care Pharmacy experience (Preferred)
Completion of a PGY-1 residency (Preferred)
- Completion of a PGY-2 residency or board certification in a related field (Preferred)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE