Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Water Treatment Technician- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
Job ID: 177701
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 30, 2023
Work Schedule: To Be Determined
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Department of Physical Plant at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania is seeking a Full-Time Water Treatment Technician:
- Responsible for monitoring all water treatment, testing and cleaning of water systems. Acts as liaison between HUP and water treatment vendor.
- Responsible for maintenance, installation and repair of water distribution and treatment equipment. In charge of testing and preventive maintenance on HVAC & Boiler related equipment. With the assistance of Plant Operators, takes measurements of water quality and makes adjustments to chemicals used to make water portable and safe. Is capable of taking measurements and interpreting that information to improve water quality. Provides assistance with other crafts as assigned.
- Maintains mechanical rooms and equipment in good, clean and neat conditions.
- Monitors water treatment systems, maintains and cleans cooling towers and assists in air balancing procedures.
- Conducts condenser water testing.
- Maintains inventory levels for water chemical and relays necessary chemical order to the water treatment vendor representative.
- Conducts tests for closed loops and doses chemistry accordingly.
- Conducts domestic water testing for HUP and PCAM.
- Is the liaison between HUP and the water treatment vendor to coordinate and perform the semi-annual tower cleanings and annual online disinfections.
- Utilizes the Point of Use filter application to ensure filter change-outs are happening according to the schedule.
- Works with the water treatment vendor representative during their twice monthly visits to ensure the program is working properly.
- Must know water and steam chemistry. Conducts weekly steam testing.
- Member of the HUP campus Water Safety Team.
- Works with blueprints and schematic designs.
- Performs multi-skilled work as assigned.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- Specialized training in Water Treatment analysis (Required)
- A minimum of 5 years of full-time water treatment experience with a bona fide water treatment contractor or employer (Required)
- Must have a mechanical background and knowledge of equipment associated with water treatment
- Must have a basic knowledge of federal and state water quality regulations
- Any certifications from an accredited trade school or extensive work experience in the trade.
- Experience in Healthcare facilities (Preferred)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE