Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Anesthesia Technician Non-Certified - Princeton Health- 1 Plainsboro Road
Job ID: 171789
Work Type: PT 20+ HOURS
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Mar 30, 2023
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Summary: Part-time 20+ hours
- This position works independently and under the supervision of the Nurse Manager/Anesthesia Senior Technician, providing support and assistance to Anesthesiologists and Anesthetists in the acquisition, preparation, and application of the equipment and supplies required for the administration of anesthesia.
- Is able to work independently and follow the direction of the Lead Anesthesia Tech and/or designee to meet the needs of the Medical Staff while performing the responsibilities of this position.
- Is responsible for managing all medical gas tanks in all locations
- Facilitates suite turnover: performs as a technical assistant to the anesthesia team during routine and emergency procedures.
- Recognizes and adheres to “Universal Precautions” in all clinical activities.
- Handles anesthesia equipment and items as per manufacture guidelines to insure availability and safety.
- Demonstrates knowledge of sterilization and high level disinfection of all anesthesia related supplies.
- Is responsible for maintaining a full range of Anesthesia supplies and limited maintenance to all Anesthesia sites within the hospital which include but not limited to the following areas: OR’s, ENDO/CYSTO, ASC and OB/LDRP suites as well as the Anesthesia workrooms.
- Is responsible to maintain accurate par levels and rotating stock for both medications and equipment/stock in each of the areas listed above.
- Responsible to notify manager and/or designee if any anesthesia items are not available that could potentially impact patient care.
- Provides perioperative technical support to the anesthesia professional staff for delivery of patient care and is responsible for:
- Maintaining the availability of necessary equipment in each operating room.
- Preparing and assembling the necessary equipment for intravenous/invasive lines as requested.
- Responsible for the availability of specialty and emergency anesthesia equipment.
- Possess a basic understanding of all medications used within the Anesthesia Department including the names, uses and differences in volumes of these medications in the Department of Anesthesia.
- Responsible for reporting equipment in need of repair to the Lead Anesthesia Tech and/or designee.
- Able to perform under high demand and high stress situations.
- Check all code carts and specialty carts within the procedural departments.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 1+ year in relevant position
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE