Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Senior Nurse Manager - Medical Surgical & Acute Rehab Units - Penn Medicine Princeton Health,
Job ID: 177416
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Apr 4, 2023
Work Schedule: Days (24/7 Accountability)
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Medicine Princeton Health in Plainsboro, NJ, is searching for a dynamic, talented and experienced Senior Nurse Manager for our Medical Surgical and Acute Rehab Units. Primary responsibilities will oversee:
· Our Complex and dynamic 36 bed Medical Surgical Unit including specialties such as Oncology, Neurology, Psychiatry and Epilepsy monitoring.
· Our State-of-the-art, 17-bed accredited Acute Rehab Unit with complimentary team including physical therapists, occupational therapists, and social workers.
In this role you will engage and support Shared Governance Structures through unit-based councils and committees as well as participate in service line committees and meetings to support strategic goals.
- A registered professional nurse responsible for visioning, overseeing, planning, organizing, evaluating and management of the following areas: Unit Budget, Quality Improvement Plan, Resource Utilization, Human Resource Management, Master Unit Staffing Plan, Unit Risk Management and Patient Satisfaction. Responsible for delegation, mentoring, implementation and outcome monitoring in the following areas: Unit Budget, Quality Improvement Plan, Resource Utilization, Human Resource Management, Master Unit Staffing Plan and Unit Risk Management.
- Creates a customer-friendly environment consistent with the Medical Center at Princeton’s patient-care model. Demonstrates regard for the dignity and respect of all patients, their families, guests, representatives, as well as fellow employees, volunteers and medical staff. Supports the Medical Center’s mission to provide consistent quality health care services in a professional, caring and responsive environment. Assumes 24-hour accountability for unit functioning according to Medical Center at Princeton standards. Review the unit’s performance in relation to established goals implement change to effect continual improvement in the service provided and assure compliance with regulatory and legal requirements. Makes daily, patient rounds and communicates necessary information to Team Leaders to ensure high quality patient care. Through delegation ensure appropriate selection, training and supervision of patient care team.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Registered Nurse - NJ (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) required
- Master’s Degree or pursing a Master’s degree required, healthcare related field preferred
- Previous experience working as a Registered Nurse
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE