This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 178978
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: 1:30pm - 10:00pm (M-F)
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
The Lab-Path Surgical Pathology Group at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP) is looking for a Technician II (Full-time/Evening Shift) to join the team! This position is Monday- Friday with a 1:30pm - 10:00pm schedule.
• Prints slides from laser through LIS interface
• Matches blocks and slides and check paperwork.
• Print recuts and print slides for routine work.
• Enters daily workload in computer for all surgical blocks and slide counts. Keeps paperwork organized.
• Help maintain embedding room by checking paraffin levels and general cleaning.
• Files blocks on a daily basis as well as permanent filing of blocks. Maintains files and calls warehouse for pick up of cabinets when necessary.
• Answers telephones, records and distributes messages or aids caller, as indicated.
• Makes copies as needed.
• Cleans and maintains tissue processors according to schedules. Checks to make sure processors have been cleaned and ready for use.
• Clean and maintain slide stainers and embedding molds
• Maintains files, slides and delivers to appropriate individual.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
• Education equivalent to completion of high school.
• Familiarity with computer workstation preferred.
• Previous experience performing related duties preferred.
• Previous experience with stocking and manual lifting is preferred.
• The incumbent should learn to perform the job satisfactorily within three months.We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.