Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Senior Information Assurance Advisor
Job ID: 176853
Category: Information Services/Technology/Service Desk/Telecom
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: 8:00AM-4:30PM, M-F | Hybrid
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Working under limited supervision, the Senior Information Assurance Advisor will be responsible for addressing information security risk across the organization. This position will assist with security awareness, policy development, regulatory and standards compliance, risk assessments, security risk analysis, vendor risk management and other related information assurance activities.
- Perform regulatory compliance and security framework assessments as needed to identify and mitigate risk to Penn Medicine information assets.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with information technology stakeholders and data owners, and non-technical contacts to reduce information technology risks.
- Initiate, maintain, and enhance security awareness, training and education programs.
- Assist team members in advancing information assurance program.
- Collaborate with information security teammates to mitigate network and endpoint security risks.
- Work with third-party vendor, business associates, and other partners to assess information risk and make recommendations on remediation guidance.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
- Bachelor's Degree (Required), preferably in Information Security, Information Assurance or Technology.
- 5+ years of experience in Information technologies, risk management, and compliance (Required).
- 3+ years of experience in healthcare or academia (Preferred).
- 3+ years of familiarity with information security regulations and frameworks such as: HIPAA, PCI-DSS, HITRUST, NIST, ISO, etc. (Preferred).
- Information security-related certifications such as CISSP, HCISPP, CISM, CISA, etc. (Required).
Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated written communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot, research and solve technically challenging problems
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Ability to work as part of a team
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE