Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Job ID: 179457
Category: Information Services/Technology/Service Desk/Telecom
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Apr 18, 2023
Work Schedule: Full Time
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Corporate Services, Revenue Cycle
1500 Market Street
*Primarily remote but may occasionally require on site presence*
This position will facilitate change and take shared accountability with operational, clinical and IS staff in order to achieve transformational results to accomplish quality and efficiency improvement in Revenue Cycle related activities.
- Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Develops, implements and updates comprehensive plans to integrate data into the electronic health record for ease of use, workflow and reporting.
- Formulates improvement strategies/approaches bases on understanding of infrastructure and business needs, with particular focus on optimizing use of the electronic medical record and clinical system applications related to the delivery of patient care.
- Hardwires process improvements and embeds process and outcome metrics in improvement initiatives that draw data electronically from clinical and administrative records; are presented in easy to understand graphic format; and have sufficient detail to identify specific sources of actionable opportunity.
- Uses analytic and subjective assessment skills to identify substantial performance improvement opportunities at the project level.
- Works to probe, analyze, synthesize and articulate complex subject matter so it can be easily understood by individuals at a variety of levels and specialties across the health system.
- Ensure that the Epic performs as designed and work with the IS teams in the planning, updating, and changing of the system to support clinical and revenue cycle activities.
- Provides concurrent and retrospective review and analysis of care provided at patient, program and institutional level for designated patient populations across the healthcare system.
- Facilitates the formation of collaborative improvement teams and leads the efforts in meeting the goals of the team including variance analysis, aggregate trend analysis, and recommendations for changes in practice to improve outcomes.
- Designs, implements and evaluates systems and processes to support improved outcomes that address the special needs of a designated patient population.
- Facilitates teams through process improvement activities including the use of quality improvement tools like brainstorming, affinity diagrams, Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA), fishbone diagrams, etc.
- Assesses the local stakeholder environment and builds the support and will to address improvement opportunities among line staff, department managers, vice presidents, physicians, physician program leaders and department managers.
- Establishes and manages relationships to achieve transformational change with line staff, physicians, physician program leaders and chairs.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Care Management, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Mathematics or related field required. Relevant or commensurate experience will also be considered.
- 3+ years of Professional experience in business analytics, project management or healthcare operations preferred.
- 1+ years of Physician practice management (including comprehensive knowledge of daily operational requirements of such practices) preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Expertise in process management and, in particular, advanced training in lean, six sigma.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects/priorities successfully.
- Ability to negotiate, interact with and hold both internal and external parties accountable to project deadlines and financial budgets.
- Previous experience using quality improvement tools.
- Demonstrated competencies in analytical, team building and leadership skills.
- The position requires strong concentration skills. The individual must have the ability to voluntarily sustain concentration to a task over an extended period of time as a result of an effortful and usually deliberate heightened and focused state of attention.
- A large portion of this position requires reliance on verbal memory and new learning. Efficiency in processing of verbal information, either in written or spoken form, is a major requirement and prerequisite of the job. The individual must be able to attend to and process multiple bits of information simultaneously. The individual must be able to organize and categorize this information effectively so that later recall is feasible.
- The position requires much autonomy of thought and problem solving. The individual must be able to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to define problems. The individual must be able to think abstractly, which is manifested in the ability to form concepts, use categories, generalize from single instances, apply procedural rules and general principles, and be aware of subtle or intrinsic aspects of a problem. The development of hypothesis and potential solutions to problems involves careful interpretation, analysis and diagnosis. The individual must be able to collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. The individual must be able to think creatively with a degree of inventiveness, experimentation and intuition. They must be able to deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables.
- Ability to accept responsibility for leadership, direction, control, planning, negotiating, organizing, directing, supervising, formulating practices, or making final decisions.
- Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
- Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
- Sophisticated experience in public and personal relations preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE