Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Integration Control Specialist
Job ID: 179472
Category: Materials Management/Purchasing/Contracts Management
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Apr 19, 2023
Work Schedule: M-F 8-4:30
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Integration Control Specialist is a dynamic member of the Materials Management Team that is responsible for independently assisting all relevant departments, customers, and vendors with issue resolution. They are responsible for the resolution of discrepant invoices as well as validating and correcting unmatched receipts/ invoices. The Integration Control Specialist works closely with personnel in charge of executing receipts, assists with the resolution of credit holds, resolves add on cost issues, resolves matching issues, and understands units of measure.
- Functional Responsibilities:
- Member of the problem-solving resolution team which integrates, educates, and resolves issues which requires a high level of attention to detail
- Resolves all issues with assigned Purchased Orders. (Cost messages, invoice rejection)
- Able to identify line mismatches, entry errors, etc.
- Takes initiative to respond to inquiries regarding orders, resolves discrepancies relating to orders placed, and communicates with management on sending issues.
- Contacts appropriate person, department or vendor when researching invoice discrepancies.
- Completes Receiving and Matched not received inquiries as per department procedure as necessary
- Supports all Supply Chain users throughout the Health System by resolving invoice not received issues, matching and other receiving issues
- Functions as the point of contact for Accounts Payable to resolve add on costs (AOC), freight issues, short payments (excluding prices), credit holds, discounts, receiving discrepancies, etc.
- Utilizes Accounts Payables forms and processes
- Manages the control matching process to resolve discrepant invoices that are not reconciled by the system
- Responsible for resolving inventory issues such as returns
- Works with vendors to resolve discount issues or holds
- Identifies reoccurring issues with vendors and creates resolutions
- Assists as backup to other teams, cross trains to assist on all commodity teams, and participates in team and staff meetings.
- Manages Supply chain reports including the Received not Invoice report and Matched not Invoice report
- Understands the details/structure of Purchase orders including unit of measure (UOM), pricing, receipts, vendor billing, Accounts Payable entry and execute any necessary corrections (adding lines, canceling/entering/reversing/adjusting receipts, changing UOMs) including reaching to the Contracting team, Vendors, Buyers located at the Hospital, users and staff
- Processes and Metrics
- Meets department metrics for aging requests.
- Resolves invoice issues within 60 days.
- Works with Supply Chain Information Systems (SCIS) team by testing/identifying need for change to systems, Electronic Data Interface (EDI) issues, Purchase orders updates related to the item master maintenance, etc.
- Customer Service
- Acts as a member of the Customer Support Help desk team
- Anticipates customers concerns and needs by asking if they need assistance, as required. Responds promptly and follows through to meet customer needs, as required
- Takes initiative to respond to inquiries regarding orders.
- Responds to a high volume of customer and employee inquiries in a timely manner
- Relationship Management
- Builds relationships with requestors
- Builds relationships with internal customers
- Builds relationships with departments such as Accounts Payable and Entities Materials Management to provide efficient and necessary support
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Required Education and Experience
- H.S. Diploma/GED is required
- 2+ years of experience with supply chain process is required
Required Skills and Abilities
- TECHNOLOGY: Ability to use Microsoft Outlook
- TECHNOLOGY: Ability to use Microsoft Excel
- TECHNOLOGY: Proficiency with Adobe Creative suite
- TECHNOLOGY: Ability to use Microsoft Word
- Highly attentive to detail
- Ability to analyze issues and problem solve
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable procedures and processes
- Knowledge of Buyer functions and responsibilities
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Positive, friendly and patience approach to end users
- Flexible and adaptable in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to maintain composure, good judgment, and acceptable work performance under conditions caused by deadlines and workload
- Excellent communication skills
Department: Materials Management Purchasing Buyers
Position Address: Centre Square West Tower- 1500 Market Street
As part of our COVID-19 response, this position may currently be offering partial or full remote work. However, in the near future this position will require full or partial on-site work.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE