Job ID: 179538
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Exton, PA, United States
Date Posted: Apr 20, 2023
Work Schedule: Per Diem
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
General Summary Statement
Under the direction of a radiologist, the sonographer performs diagnostic medical sonograms and vascular exams to include abdominal scans, ob/gyn, small parts, vascular scans, arterial testing and minor surgical procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Performs all necessary preparations related to diagnostic medical sonography:
· Obtains patient history, explains procedures and addresses patient concerns.
· Performs all necessary checks for accuracy of the prescription, precertification/authorization if required by individual insurance companies, EPIC order and patient identification.
· Perform diagnostic medical sonograms following appropriate imaging protocols under the direction of the radiologist.
· Compiles and reviews images, provides applicable comparison studies, and prepares documentation for the interpretation.
· Performs quality control testing as required.
· Clean, adjust and perform routine maintenance on equipment; stock and replenish supplies as required.
Education Training and Experience
Satisfactory completion of a diagnostic medical sonography program resulting in a two year certificate and/or associate degree or four year baccalaureate degree.
· Current certification from the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or within six months of date of hire
· Current certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists in Sonography
· Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.