Job ID: 153492
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Location: Plainsboro, NJ
Hours: 3rdShift Tuesdays thru Saturdays/ 10 pm-6:30 am(Sunday and Monday off)
Join our amazing team!
Can you deliver great customer service and able to troubleshoot and maintain a safe work environment?
If yes, we would love to hear from you! We are looking for a professional Facility System Technician to upkeep our beautiful facilities at Princeton Health. We have an all-hands-on-deck approach and we value each team member in our department. We operate with professionalism and courtesy at all times, providing excellent customer service to our valued patients and employees.
Benefits You'll Receive at Princeton/Penn Medicine:
· Generous Paid Time Off benefits, including seven paid holidays that will give you the work-life balance today’s world needs
· Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription coverage plan options that best fit your personal & family needs
· Tuition Assistance for both Part-Time (20+ hours) and Full-time (40 hours) employees. ( 0.5 FTE and over)
· Flexible Health Savings Accounts (FSA/HAS) to save pre-tax dollars to use towards your personal & family medical costs
· 403b Retirement Savings, Penn Home Ownership Services, Commuter Benefits, Pet Insurance and Pension
· Access to company paid life insurance, temporary disability. Employee discounts and perks, including but not limited to free secure employee-only parking, optional life insurance and other. Please click on this LINK for additional information regarding our amazing benefits package.
Acting under the general direction of an Engineering Manager, the Facility System Technician performs a wide variety of duties, the purpose of which is to repair, maintain and/or enhance the physical operation of the facility and its components. The following list of duties would apply. This is not intended to be an exclusive listing.
Keys to Success:
· Troubleshooting – to evaluate a maintenance problem and take action or actions to correct said problem in an efficient and professional manner.
· Mechanical – to apply knowledge of and demonstrate advanced competency in general mechanical maintenance. Such duties include but are not limited to:
o Repair of beds, hand controls, and pillow speakers.
o Remove and/or replace small motors.
o Repair of medium appliances and/or machinery.
o Repair of building elements and/or furnishing
· Electrical – to apply knowledge of and demonstrate advanced competency in general electrical maintenance. Such duties include but are not limited to:
o Change and/or repair switches, outlets, and plugs.
o Change lighting tubes, bulbs, and ballasts.
o Perform electrical safety checks of hospital and patient owned equipment.
o Replace TV’s
o Perform basic troubleshooting and repair of small to medium electrical equipment, i.e. contractors, motor starters, timers, etc
· Emergency duties –
o Snow – removal of all ice and snow from areas owned and operate by The Medical Center.
o Fire – respond and lend assistance to assure the safety of patients, visitors and the staff in the event of fire, including the proper use of fire extinguishers.
o Natural Disasters – lend aid and assistance in the event of any disaster, participates in disaster plan.
Required Education and Experience
· High School graduate, and/or four (4) year apprenticeship preferred
· Six (6) years general maintenance experience or equivalent preferred. Experience in related specialty preferred, i.e. electrical, plumbing, HVAC/R etc.
Licenses, Registrations, and Certifications
· Maintains a valid Driver’s License, CDL license a plus
As part of our COVID-19 response, this position may currently be offering partial or full remote work. However, in the near future this position will require full or partial on-site work.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.