Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Staff Assistant - Trauma - Surgery Critical
Job ID: 178484
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: 8hr Days
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Job Title: Staff Assistant
Department: Trauma - Surgery Critical
Location: Penn Presbyterian Medical Center - 51 N 39th Street
Hours: Full time regular
Summary: This highly responsible position provides extensive managerial and administrative support for faculty members of the Division. Under minimal supervision, this individual will need to use considerable judgment, creativity and analysis in designing, interpreting and implementing procedures which emphasize expediency and responsiveness to effective decision making. Support includes but is not limited to independent project work, calendar management, document preparation/distribution, frequent and clear communication across department and entity, and demonstrated proficiency in software packages. This position is located in the Trauma-Surg Critical Penn Presbyterian Medical Center - 51 N 39th Street, Philadelphia.
- Provide extensive and complex administrative support to the faculty.
- Perform secretarial duties, including coordination of transcription using EPIC.
- Making changes to daily and master schedules in EPIC and maintaining the physician’s patient schedules in EPIC.
- Assemble and organize patient schedules for the Out Reach Facilities.
- Tracking the timely return of completed documents.
- Printing letters on letterhead and retrieving signatures from physicians.
- Preparing documents for mailing.
- Receive physicians' mail, labs, and reports.
- Organize and arrange schedules for faculty. Update and maintain all aspects of the EPIC scheduling system.
- Working with MD's and NPs to create and maintain current schedule templates.
- Generating bump lists and printing discrepancy reports, if necessary.
- Rescheduling patient appointments, if needed.
- Schedule interviews for the Fellowship Program.
- Set up and maintain schedule for off-site Fellows for rotations.
- Coordinate for new faculty and staff for certification of computer systems.
- Gather, organize and disseminate materials for lectures.
- Screen inquiries, answer telephone calls; respond to inquiries and provide information as appropriate.
- Receive and assist visitors, referring them to the appropriate individuals.
- Index and file correspondence, records and reports.
- Maintain calendar on computerized software and arrange travel and meetings.
- Assist with the incorporation of new physicians.
- Retrieve and copy articles/references for physicians, as needed.
- Exercise considerable judgment, creativity and analysis in designing, interpreting and implementing office procedures to maintain smooth, continuous operations of the office.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Non-Essential Functions - Back-up to administrative staff as needed.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 5+ years High Level Administrative Assistant Role (Required)
- Associate of Arts or Science in Healthcare or related field may be considered in place of some experience.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE