Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Hospital Aide II - Equipment Aide (Respiratory Therapy department)
Job ID: 179991
Category: Respiratory Therapy
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Title: Respiratory Therapy Hospital Aide II
Organization: Respiratory Administration HUP
Location: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania- 3400 Spruce St.
Hours: Weekdays 7:00am to 3:30pm with rotation every other weekend. Hours of work may be adjusted to meet the twenty-four hour operational needs of the department.
- Responsible for transports, cylinders, equipment, portable oxygen, supplies to and from designated areas; observes all necessary precautions when delivering equipment for use and equipment that is used.
- Assists in transporting patients when needed.
- Performs CPR on patients when needed.
- Performs equipment rounds when consists of removing portable tanks, unused equipment and transporting dirty equipment back to department.
- Replaces medical gas cylinders used on patient and not in use by patients.
- Delivers portable oxygen cylinders to patients for transport.
- Adjusts oxygen flow on portable oxygen cylinder if nurse is not available.
- Connects patient to portable oxygen cylinder if nurse is not available.
- Makes equipment rounds.
- Maintains appropriate levels of stock on emergency carts and supply areas in designated nursing and satellite areas.
- Disassembles, cleans, sterilizes, re-assembles, tests equipment for operation and checks sterilizing expiration dates.
- Provides minor preventative and corrective maintenance on equipment, refers equipment to Clinical Engineering when necessary.
- Checks oxygen and compressed air outlets in hospital intensive care units and participate in medical/safety gas check.
- Assures that all medical gas outlets are functioning properly according to department regulations, follows up on repairs needed and rechecks for proper function.
The marginal functions of the position include but are not limited to:
- Assists in oxygen shutdowns, set up banks of cylinders to feed into wall system and monitors levels of oxygen in the system during the shutdown.
- Assists in any type of air or oxygen emergency by bringing oxygen cylinders or air compressors to the affected area.
- Checks fire extinguishers in department area periodically.
- Maintains appropriate levels of inventory; notifies Clinical Specialist when ordering is necessary.
- Monitors inventories on medication; delivers request of Pharmacy and returns with medications to restock each area.
- Performs other duties in area of responsibility that may be assigned.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- High school diploma (Required)
- Current CPR certification (Required)
- Demonstrated basic mechanical abilities and knowledge of hand tools.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE