Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Senior Business Process Education Consultant
Job ID: 178481
Category: Information Services/Technology/Service Desk/Telecom
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Apr 25, 2023
Work Schedule: Variable
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Senior Business Process Education Consultant is responsible for leading the design, coordination and delivery of education to support local and/or enterprise-wide optimization initiatives. This role will collaborate with various stakeholders, including Penn Medicine providers, PennChart end users, IS, and Health System leadership to design and implement standard workflows across departments which enhance the utilization of the electronic medical record and optimize business processes. This role will also develop curriculum, inform the design/approach of the individual education program for newly hired staff, group education sessions and shoulder to shoulder education. In addition, this role will analyze data from various systems/tools to create a customized education program for individual providers/staff. The Senior Business Process Education Consultant will also be responsible for designing the tools used for assessing end user and leadership knowledge, skill, and satisfaction against a defined set of competencies. This is a position requiring independent thought and judgment with the ability to link enterprise strategy to front line business and clinical operations. Working under limited supervision, this individual will facilitate implementation and adoption of technology and end user optimization.
- Develop education curriculum for group sessions, shoulder to shoulder and new hire education
- Inform, design and assure implementation and adoption of functionality
- Lead the implementation of best practices/standards across departments with focus on technology and improvements to clinical/business processes
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to facilitate effective local education and support
- Assure readiness for new Implementations, upgrades, new hospitals/ practices
- Leverage data analytics to design a customized education program to support individual provider and small group sessions
- Conduct small and large group education sessions for a defined population or in a specialized content area. Deliver specialized content to support individual, department and system goals.
- Lead the design of tools needed to assess end user proficiency/competency and documentation of trainings including quality assurance and follow-up activities.
- Evaluate, revise, and document improvements to optimization training program in coordination with existing training program.
- Work with identified super users to improve knowledge, and skills, and overall competency to support the optimization program.
- Lead the design of standard templates, tools, and processes in training delivery, competency validation and documentation. Assesses end user satisfaction and evaluate training effectiveness.
- Serves as subject matter expert in resolving client group problems and obstacles in the adoption of new, uniform technology and practice.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- 5+ years experience in education, practice or clinical operations and/or information systems working with electronic medical records
- Master of Arts or Science
- Major/Area of Study: MBA/MA/MS
additional training in adult learning or education
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE