Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Provide a safe and secure environment for patients, employees and visitors.
- Patrols Hospital premises for security/safety/fire protection purposes.
- Assumes designated fixed security guard posts for protection, control or general assistance purposes.
- Provides protective escort for individuals and hospital property, as required.
- Conducts fire protection inspections of Hospital premises.
- Conduct preliminary investigations of alleged criminal acts occurring on Hospital premises.
- Identifies, removes or apprehends unauthorized or suspicious persons found on Hospital premises.
- Responds to internal security or fire emergency alarms and renders appropriate action.
- Submits departmental daily operations reports, as required.
- Considers all information obtained through the course of job as confidential.
- Interacts will all PAH employees, staff, visitors and patients in a cordial, helpful and professional manner
- Uses effective interpersonal skills in all interactions
- Performs duties and exhibits behaviors consistent with care philosophy of Pennsylvania Hospital.
- PA Act - Training to Carry Lethal Weapons (Required)
- Pennsylvania State Act 235 certification required upon six months of employment.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- CPR Certification required upon completion of six months of employment.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- H.S. Diploma/GED and Previous experience in law enforcement, security and/or college education in criminal justice field required.
Location: Pennsylvania Hospital, 800 Spruce Street
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.