Job ID: 175928
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Date Posted: May 2, 2023
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Medicine Princeton Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (Tier III) to join our team in the Critical Care Unit in Plainsboro, NJ. This is a per diem night shift opportunity.
The ideal candidate will be available to work:
• Work a minimum of 56 hours per schedule (a schedule is equivalent to a 4-week period or 1 month)
• 24 of these hours must be fulfilled on a weekend shift
• Work 2 PMPH holidays per calendar year (New Year’s Day, MLK Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas). Per Diem RNs will be paid ‘Time & a half’ for all hours worked on these holidays
• Work 2 shifts, based on your hired shift, of ‘difficult to staff’ work days per calendar year (Easter, Mother’s Day, Halloween, ‘Black Friday’, Good Friday, Christmas Eve, Valentine’s Day or New Year’s Eve)
The Llura & Gordon Gund - Center for Critical Care is a specialized, 24 bed "closed" unit, which includes both critical care and IMCU (Intermediate Care) beds. All patient care is coordinated by staff intensivists who are onsite 24/7.
Our Critical Care Unit provides continuous cardiac monitoring and specialized care such as:
• CRRT (Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy)
• Targeted Temperature Management (hypothermia post code care)
• Intra-aortic Balloon Pump therapy
• Transvenous Pacing
• Post-surgical intensive care for: endovascular aortic repair (EVAR) and other vascular surgeries; neurosurgical procedures; free-flap breast surgery; and thoracic surgery patients
• Medical intensive care for: acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS); Heart Failure (HF); End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD); ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction (STEMI); sepsis; and other medical emergencies
Position expectations include:
• Provision of patient and family-centered care
• Utilization of evidence-based practices and critical thinking
• Coordination of care with interdisciplinary team
• Documentation of patient care within electronic medical record (EMR)
among all members of the health care team who treat them and each other with dignity, respect and sensitivity.
• Responsible for effectively transitioning plan of care with attention to continuity across shift and settings of care
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN); or at least in pursuit of - required
Licensure, Certification or Registration Requirements:
• Active NJ Registered Nurse license - required
• Basic Life Saving certification (BLS) - required
• Advanced Cardiac Life Saving certification (ACLS) - required
Related Work Experience:
• One year or more of Telemetry and/or Critical Care nursing experience
• Specialty Certification - preferred
Specialized Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
• Computer Literacy
• Physical Strength, Stamina and Agility
• Great Interpersonal and Communication Skills
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.