Job ID: 180809
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Date Posted: May 3, 2023
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
General Summary Statement
In collaboration with the supervising physician, the Surgical Physician Assistant will provide surgical and medical care to surgical patients. The Physician Assistant will provide direct health care management to patients and will assist the surgeon during surgical procedures, performing those skills of a first assistant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Perform and record complete history and physical exam competency
6. Address patient’s concerns including providing comfort and support for pre-operative patients by demonstrating sensitivity to patient care and privacy.
7. Answers patient’s questions regarding pre-operative care, understanding of surgical procedures and regarding post-operative care.
8. Uses knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of patient.
9. Timely dictation of the history and physical examination performed in the pre-admission testing area to insure its availability the day of surgery.
First assistant in surgery with evening and weekend on-call responsibilities
9. Postoperatively, removal of staples sutures and drains when requested by attending surgeon.
10. Provide on-Call Coverage as assigned. Must be able to arrive at hospital within 30 minutes of being called in.
Education Training and Experience
Graduate AMA and ARC-PA approved Physician Assistant or Surgeons Program.
Minimum of One-year surgical experience preferred.
NCCPA (National Commission for Certification of Physician Assistants); and, Pennsylvania State Board of Medical Education and Licensure.
CPR certification required.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.