Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Presbyterian Medical Center is seeking an Anesthesia Technician (Full-time, 2nd Shift) to support our Anesthesiology Department. Penn Presbyterian Medical Center is a renowned center for cardiac care and ophthalmology. PPMC’s campus includes the Musculoskeletal Center’s outpatient facility at Penn Medicine University City and the Pavilion for Advanced Care, which is home to Penn Medicine’s Level 1 Regional Resource Trauma Center.
Provides assistance to the Anesthesia Care Team in the surgical suites so they may execute patient care in a more expedient manner by maintaining equipment and supplies and restocking stands, as well as participating in the critical phases of anesthesia.
- Maintains and organizes the anesthesia environment, equipment, and supplies to facilitate departmental functions.
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the anesthesia workrooms and all anesthesia workstations on a daily basis.
- Maintains supply stock in workrooms and all anesthesia workstations in rotational fashion.
- Maintains the changing of Carbon Dioxide absorbers as scheduled or as needed.
- Recognizes and adheres to Universal precautions in all clinical activities.
- Handles equipment and items correctly to insure ever-present usability and safety of supplies and material.
- Reports equipment in need of repair.
- Checks on the return of equipment that has been repaired.
- Provides perioperative technical support to the anesthesia professional staff for delivery of patient care.
- Maintains the availability of necessary equipment in each operating room and removes unnecessary equipment.
- Prepares and assembles the necessary equipment for intravenous/ invasive lines as requested.
- Demonstrates detailed technical knowledge and trouble-shooting ability for anesthesia delivery system, scavenger system, gas analyzer, EKG and pulse oximeters and rapid infusion devices.
- Performs well under extreme pressure of life-threatening emergencies.
- Makes available, assembles, and assists with operations of specialized equipment such as fiberoptic endoscopic equipment, jet ventilators and other specialized equipment.
- Demonstrates speed and timeliness in all duties, particularly preparation for emergencies and trauma procedures.
- Assists anesthesia professional staff during critical phases of anesthesia
- Assists in preparation and draping of patient for invasive monitoring/ Procedures by the anesthesia care provider.
- Assists and anticipates needs of anesthesia care team in invasive monitor insertion and procedures such as pulmonary artery catheter, central venous access, fiberoptic intubation and/ or difficult airway situation.
- Anticipates need for invasive monitoring according to daily O.R. Schedule.
- Aids in preparation of patients for anesthesia including but not limited toplacement of BP cuff, ECG leads, Pulseoximeter.
- Sets up O.R. for demanding cases according licensing restrictions which may include the following: preparation of laryngoscope and intubation equipment, preparation and labeling of blank syringes, IV bag and tubing set-up, and set-up of IV warming devices.
- Demonstrates dependability of participation in department technician call coverage.
- Particpate in a system to support and continually improve the quality of anesthesia services provided to patients and their family, fellow employees, physicians and other customers.
- Participates in departmental Quality Improvement and Risk Management Activites.
- Assists in the development of action plans in response to professional staff feedback regarding improvement opportunities.
- Participates in overtime coverage situations as reasonably requested.
- Promotes and maintains positive relationship with all contacts.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- Graduate of an Anesthesia Technician program or related program 1+ years Experience, if not a graduate of an Anesthesia Technician program
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.