Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Clinical Coordinator NP
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 180827
Category: Nurse Practitioner/ Physician Assistant
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: May 4, 2023
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Clinical Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day clinical operations for the specialty practice(s) as assigned. The Clinical Coordinator ensures compliance with TJC, CMS and DOH requirements across all practice locations. The Clinical Coordinator oversees infection control standards in the practice are upheld and participates in EOC rounding in the practice. The Clinical Coordinator will communicate new processes, assist with coverage plans for unexpected needs and act as the subject matter expert for clinical questions and EHR optimization. The Clinical Coordinator will assist with hiring onboarding and orientation of new clinical staff, complete clinical competencies and evaluations.
- Typical scope for this role is:
- <10 = # of staff directly and indirectly managed
- <15,000 = # of budgeted annual visits
- Complexity Factors (may involve a few of the following factors of practice complexity): multiple practice locations, high practice/facility square footage, service line oversight, coordination of inpatient services, coordination of care across several departments/entities, academic involvement (research initiatives, resident program), special clinical programs, multiple clinical specialties, complex regulatory requirements, management of external partnerships/collaborations.
- Employee Satisfaction communicates effectively with team and builds productive relationships
- Establishes/update work processes and work practices, performs clinical duties to maintain workflows and adequate staffing levels
- Assist Practice Leadership with team and individual performance in alignment with Penn Medicine vision of service excellence
- Staff Development includes identification of learning needs for team development, assists with recruitment, development of staff and retention
- Assists the practice operations and/or clinical leads with appropriate staffing, quality, compliance and continuous improvement initiatives. Manages daily scheduling of APPs for the department and all location(s).
- Supports excellence in patient care, patient safety net review and service recovery initiatives. Lead and participate in APP clinical quality improvement projects for the specialty.
- Supports proactive communication and problem solving to enable high performance of team and individuals
- Ensures the maintenance of current credentialing and privileging of APPs within the specialty-specific area. Ensures the APPs function within, and to the limits of, their scope of practice and in accordance with their delineation of privileges or collaborative practice agreement. Remains current with state laws and scope of practice.
- Certified Nurse PractitionerPA (Required)
- Board certification in area of specialty
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Master of Science Nursing (Required)
- And 2+ years nurse practitioner experience
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE