Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Manager, Social Work - Pennsylvania Hospital
Job ID: 182292
Category: Social Work
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: May 10, 2023
Work Schedule: Days
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Manager of Social Work is accountable to lead a team of hospital based and ambulatory care Social Workers. The Social Work Manager will supervise a team of Social Workers assigned to patient care units and departments. The Social Work Manager will orient and supervise team members who will be responsible for assessing and intervening with patients and families in the hospital and in the ambulatory settings. The Social Work Manager will educate and assist the team on facilitating discharges to all levels of care, linking patients and families to community resources, providing psychosocial support to patients and families. In addition, the Social Work Manager will participate in department and health system projects and initiatives.
- The Social Work Manager will perform interviewing, hiring, orienting and supervising of Social Workers. The Social Work Manager will oversee daily operations while participating in management of the department budget. The Manager will lead and participate in program development and projects on both a department and health system level. The Manager will ensure that team members promote connecting patients and families to quality facilities and services.
- The Social Work Manager will build a Social Work team focused on the patient and family experience in the health care setting.
- The Social Work Manager will ensure the team demonstrates competency in utilizing the health care record for documentation of assessments, screening and interventions of patients and families.
- The Social Work Manager will assure that the Social Work team conducts psychosocial assessments and provides psychosocial support/counseling to patients and families in the health care setting.
- The Social Work Manager will monitor Social Work referrals to community agencies, facilities and services. The Manager will offer ongoing education on the introduction and availability of services in the community.
- The Social Work Manager will foster collaboration with the health care team as well as Social Work colleagues in other ambulatory care settings.
- The Social Work Manager and the Social Work Team will seek opportunities for projects and research endeavors to improve services for patients and families while enhancing the professional growth of the Social Work Team.
- The Social Work Manager provides input for the Social Work budget and adheres to the budget.
- The Social Work Manager will ensure a feedback rich environment for all staff.
- The Social Work Manager will perform other duties as assigned to support the department, hospital and health system.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Preferred)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Master’s degree in Social Work from a CSWE accredited program (Required)
- 6+ years of Social Work experience in a health care setting (Required)
- 1-3 years of Leadership/Team Leader experience in a health care setting (Preferred)
- 1-3 years' of experience providing supervision to Social Work staff in a health care setting (Preferred)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE