Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Assistant Clinical Manager - NICU/PEDS
Job ID: 182870
Work Type: FT
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Date Posted: May 10, 2023
Work Schedule: Full-time Night Shift
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Schedule: Four 10-hour night shifts per week - no holidays, few weekends
- The Assistant Clinical Manager (ACM) is responsible for assisting Nursing Leadership with the clinical daily operations of a patient care area and for providing support to the clinical staff. The ACM will have shared responsibility for staffing, compliance and employee performance management. Participation in quality and regulatory activities including conducting audits, patient rounds and follow-up. Overall, the activities of the ACM shall support nursing department goal alignment with hospital and UPHS strategic goals.
- Works closely with the Clinical Nurse Manager in establishing/updating policies, procedures, and work practices for designated patient care units. Assists with direct supervision of staff including registered nurses, nursing assistants, patient safety assistants and unit coordinators.
- Supports the provision of safe, high quality patient care and leadership to improve patient care, enhance professional development and achieve unit, department, entity and system goals. Performs patient rounds and follow-up on issues.
- Collaborates with Clinical Manager and Director to assure proper staffing on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Shares responsibility for time and attendance management, payroll processing, scheduling, staff appraisals and competency validation, compliance in accordance with regulatory standards and UPHS/CCH policies.
- In collaboration with the Clinical Manager, supports employee performance management and orientation and onboarding of new/transferred employees. The ACM encourages continuous growth by fostering teamwork, guiding initiatives and steering employees toward achievement of goals.
- The ACM shall participate auditing activities in support of quality initiatives and regulatory requirements. Demonstrates understanding of Magnet standards and aligns organization to meet them. Supports Magnet and Shared Governance initiatives and principles of inclusion.
- The Assistant Nurse Manager shall be responsible for conducting team meetings, daily huddles and assisting staff with day to day operations regarding patient care.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Registered Nurse - PA (Required)
- PALS and NRP, preferred.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
5+ years Specialty specific clinical experience in acute care.
1+ years Leadership experience, such as a charge nurse or Assistant Nurse/Clinical Manager, preferred
- Master of Arts or Science
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE