Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Lead 3D CT Tech- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 182847
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri 8am-5:30pm
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Medicine and the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania is Seeking a Lead 3D CT Radiographer
Schedule is as follows: 36 hours per week- Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri 8am-5:30pm
Summary of Repsonsibilities:
- Responsible for sending billing reports for peer organizations for the 3D technical fee to department accountant
- Peer Organizations: Penn Radiology at Radnor and Bucks, Cherry Hill, Valley Forge, Penn Presbyterian Medical Center, Pennsylvania Hospital, and Chester County Hospital.
- Periodically spot check reports to make sure the Radiologists are reporting in the correct way to be able to charge for services
- Teach and train Residents, Fellows and visiting MD’s in the application of advanced imaging protocols and the use of 3-D workstations
- Has the ability to utilize and be proficient on all workstation platforms
- Participation in Beta- software applications
- Works with 3-D lab manager to help when need to oversee the day-to-day operations of the Department of Radiology 3D and Advanced Imaging Lab.
- Works side by side with Radiologist on the manipulation of image data and results for interpretation
- Assist in the creation of 3D processed image sets for routine DICOM image transfer functions. MR and CT planer reformatting 3-D volume rendering, cardiac function evaluation, calcium scoring, virtual imaging, archive and verify 3D processed images
- Communicate equipment problems and image quality issues.
- Perform and oversee technical post-processing of CT/MRI volumetric data.
- Ensure that 3D imaging equipment is functioning at peak performance levels and coordinate service if needed.
- Work with physicians from HUP and the sister institutions to develop robust post-processing protocols to facilitate diagnosis.
- Work in collaboration with supervisors from CT and MRI in optimizing scan protocols to meet the need of the lab for advanced post-processing.
- ARRT required
- Five years clinical in CT required, 3D experience preferred.
- Experience with Siemens preferred.
- Must be ARRT certified in X-Ray as well as CT.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE