Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- In collaboration with Bed Manager RN, the Bed Manager facilitates emergent transfers from physician offices, external facilities and within Penn Medicine (e.g., Emergency Room, Operating Room, etc.). They place the reservation in EPIC and communicate admission needs to the care team and place patients in appropriate service specific locations.
- TFC (Transfer Center):
- Serve as the UPHS ambassador and facilitator for all inter facility transfers.
- Develop and retain an in-depth understanding of the acute care inter facility transfer policies and procedures at all UPHS hospitals.
- Coordination of Pre Admission financial assessments with the appropriate UPHS facility to insure
- Pre-certification and insurance requirements are met.
- BM (Bed Management):
- Serves as the primary contact for all routine bed requests from all portals of entry.
- Documents bed requests in the EPIC system as necessary.
- Supports patient flow by serving as the primary data entry point for all bed assignments.
- Acts as the communication hub for the facility in regards to all bed assignments and patient placements.
- Works in conjunction with the Bed Management RN, Pre-Cert Nurses, Administrative Coordinator, and Nursing Clinical Coordinators to assign beds in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Supports The Admission Center in clerical and clinical functions.
- Registers patients in the EPIC system as necessary.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- Associate of Arts or Science in healthcare preferred.
- 1+ years healthcare environment with direct patient and clinical staff contact
Experience with medical terminology
Additional Information: The work schedule for this position is Monday-Friday 3p-11:30p with rotated weekend and holiday requirements.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.