Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Allied Clinical Therapist PD Masters Inpatient (Princeton) Per Diem
Job ID: 182366
Category: Behavioral Health/Psychology
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Princeton, NJ, United States
Date Posted: May 16, 2023
Work Schedule: Per Diem - Day shift
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Allied Clinical Therapist will originate, plan, and administer high quality Allied Clinical Therapy to individuals and groups. Allied Clinical Therapy will include but is not limited to group counseling, creative arts therapy, psycho-educational and therapeutic activities. The Allied Clinical Therapist will also assess patient functioning level and needs. The Allied Clinical Therapist will participate as a member of the treatment team by providing clinical expertise with the aim of creating and maintaining a therapeutic milieu.
- Provides Allied Clinical Therapy to patients based on physician’s referral by the following: Interpreting recommendations, interviewing and observing patients, assessing their functioning level and treatment needs and developing individualized treatment plan to optimize patient's functional level and implementing the program and providing individualized care to patients.
- Documents patient’s assessment, participation, and progress in the hospital record as per departmental policy.
- Develops and presents patient treatment plans at patient care meetings.
- Provides weekend and evening programs as scheduled.
- Maintains departmental records, as assigned.
- Performs assigned professional/clinical functions under supervision of the Allied Clinical Therapies Coordinator, and/or Director of Allied Clinical Therapies.
- Facilitates psychoeducational groups according to known therapeutic modalities.
- Plans and develops new techniques and programs.
- Consults and collaborates with appropriate clinicians to meet patients’ goals and needs.
- Requisitions supplies and equipment while maintaining cost consciousness.
- Maintains Allied Clinical Therapies’ equipment, area and supplies.
- Participates in unit compliance as related to established standards, other duties and projects as assigned
- Participates in Princeton House Behavioral Health committee or work groups as assigned
- Supports customer service and performance improvement goals of the department; collaborates with other caregivers/staff, within and outside the Department, to develop means of enhancing patient care and service
- C-ATR or C-CBMT or C-CTRS or C-DMT (Required)
- Music Therapy - Music therapy board certification (MT-BC)
Recreation Therapy - Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS)
Art Therapy - ATR-Provisional or working toward ATR-P
Dance/Movement Therapy –Registered Dance/Movement Therapist (R-DMT)
Drama Therapy – working toward RDT
Counseling – working toward licensure
Occupatinal Therapy - OTR/L
Social Work - Licensed Social Worker (LSW) and working toward Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Master of Arts or Science (Required)
- Master's degree in one of the following areas required:
Clinical internship experience in psychiatric setting preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE