Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Associate Director Ambulatory Pharmacy Services/Oncology at Penn Medicine
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 181311
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: day shift
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Associate Director ("AD") will assist in the planning, development, coordination, and administration of Ambulatory Pharmacy Services at the Hospital of the University of PA, Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine, Penn Medicine at Radnor, and Penn Medicine at Valley Forge. The AD will identify opportunities to enhance operations and the patient experience with a focus on standardization of workflow, fostering a service excellence culture, and maintaining relations with physicians and other healthcare professionals. The AD will also monitor the overall performance and develop/implement productivity action plans to meet productivity benchmarks for assigned pharmacies and centralized programs within the designated geographic areas.
- Oversee recruitment of pharmacy staff to ensure high quality services across UPHS and works closely with the affiliating physician practices for the placement of clinical pharmacy specialists into the practices
- Works with HUP and Pharmacy management team to direct the departmental focus on service and patient satisfaction with a focus on the Oncology clinics and centralized prior authorization program.
- The AD will resolve patient concerns not remedied at the on-site leadership level while providing operational leadership, direction, and support to their assigned managers to ensure adherence to care delivery standards
- Regularly meets with employees to improve communication and to build productive relationships; encourages continuous growth and helps staff to realize full potential by identifying stretch objectives and creating learning plans
- Assists in developing programs, services, and initiatives to anticipate future customer needs, build customer loyalty, and generate profitable growth; ensure patient and customer satisfaction through comprehensive and continuous measurement of customer satisfaction for all key customer groups
- Establishes performance measurement and management system for key success elements: access, quality, service, and value. Prepare recommendations, presentations, and reports to the CAO, Regional & Senior Leadership to communicate strategic objectives and timelines
- Focus on pharmacy efficiency and customer service during the development of growth initiatives
- Supports the creation of clinical effectiveness targets, improvement plans, and reporting systems to ensure the delivery of high quality, effective and efficient patient care
- Partner with finance leaders and pharmacy leadership to develop annual budgets for assigned ambulatory facilities while ensuring adherence to established annual budgets
- Oversee day-to-day pharmacy operations within the designated geographic areas to ensure a high level of productivity and the efficient use of resources
- The AD will assist with removing barriers and act as a liaison between ambulatory practices and ambulatory pharmacy programs, providing ongoing, meaningful communication with internal and external partners while ensuring internal staff is recognized and well-informed
- Conduct special managerial projects assigned by the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) of UPHS to expand or enhance pharmacy services in partnership with ambulatory clinics
- Assist in the development and implementation of a system to ensure that established policies, goals, and objectives are achieved and in compliance with policies and procedures, standard practices of the profession, and related local, state, and federal codes and regulations; contribute to regulatory compliance initiatives with applicable organizations including but not limited to URAC accreditation, State Board, DEA, The Joint Commission, Department of Health, CMS, Medicare Part B billing, Third-party/PBM contracting applications and compliance/negotiations Knowledge and oversight of 340B Program
- Partners with counterpart in Oncology to ensure consistency across ambulatory settings
- Pharmacist (Required)
- Current RPh License in Pennsylvania or eligible for licensure in PA
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited College of Pharmacy (PharmD or BS)
PGY1 training/ PGY2 Training
5+ years Practice or leadership experience in Pharmacy
Ambulatory certification such as BCPS, BCOP, or CSP
- Master of Business or Health Administration
- MS, MBA, or other equivalent degree
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE