Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Infection Control Data and Technology Analyst- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
Job ID: 183761
Category: Health Information Management/Coding
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: May 17, 2023
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Infection Control Data and Technolgy Analyst is accountable for Data Management in Infection Control Department. Locally responsible for HUP Infection Control outcome reporting. Collaborates with the corporate Infection and Safety teams to report, graph and measure relevant data. Responsible for managing, developing and maintaining processes to support data collection, analysis and reporting. Provide leadership direction for quality and patient safety metrics with the goal of improving clinical outcome specific to Infection Control, decreasing harm, reducing cost and maintaining compliance with all regulatory requirements. Collaborate with other HUP, system hospitals and corporate analysts to build more efficient, less redundant and higher quality analytical capabilities. Maintain clinical and quality data systems, provide analysis of key metrics to monitor and trend performance and achieve organizational goals.
- Provide over site and/or manage all quality/patient safety databases (NDNQI, Press Ganey, Midas, CMS Core Measures, LeapFrog, Vizient, ACC, GWTG, PennDiver, etc)
- Manage data completion timeframes
- Use expertise to analyze workload & transition as needed
- Assure requirements from TJC, CMS, ANCC Magnet and others for data to meet all regulatory needs and linked to reimbursement and recognition programs
- Meet all internal & external reporting time-frames
- Continuously improve & exceed performance with collaboration & concurrent interventions
- Develops system, organization and vendor contacts to accomplish goals
- Maintains integrity, validity and reliability of the data
- Provide expertise in all data sources and required reporting
- Ensures CEQI access to timely and accurate data necessitated by state, federal and local regulations, in accordance with excellence programs and for optimal business process management and operations.
- Provides data collection, data capture and data management consultation as needed including other duties as assigned.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare/Info Systems/Data Analytics Related or BS in Epidemiology and
4 + years of Health data or information management and/or data analytics; Knowledge of data display and statistics required
- Master of Arts or Science And 3+ years Health data or information management and/or data analytics; preferred
- Certification: Lean Silver or Gold certification, CPHQ, PMP, SSGB and/or SSBB preferred
- Project Management Professional Certification preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE