Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Neuro Radiographer - Part-time - HUP
Job ID: 183199
Work Type: PT 20+ HOURS
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: May 17, 2023
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Neuro Radiology Technologist will support the expanding technology needs of complex Neurosurgery, Neuro Endovascular, and Vascular cases in the operating room. This clinical / technical position will be hands on with the multiple imaging / navigations systems (Brain lab, Stealth, Fusion, Vison Sense, VTI) used to guide surgeons in complex head and spine procedures. The Technologist will assess technology needs for the day related to CPT codes and procedures scheduled and ensure equipment readiness. They will proactively manage schedules, identifying needs and conflicts for technology. Pre-procedure activities will include, pulling or loading of images into the systems so they are available as reference during the procedure. Post procedure activities will include the movement of data from the navigation system, microscope and angio equipment to multiple places – folders, database, etc.
- The technologist role contributes to successful execution and has a significant impact on neuro surgical procedures including, assisting in troubleshooting and use of intraoperatively thereby allowing surgeon to remain focused on the patient; performing post procedure processes also allowing the surgeon to remain with the patient, minimizing scheduling conflicts, and decreasing delays due to parallel processing.
- The technologist will assist physicians and provide support in a variety of brain and spine interventional cases. Some of these cases include mechanical thrombectomy for acute stroke, brain aneurysm treatment, AVM/AVF treatment, vertebral augmentation for compression fracture, lumbar puncture for chemo administration, CT myelogram, and more. This technologist should be able to scrub and circulate in a room, know how to prep neurovascular and spine devices, as well as manipulate imaging systems. They should be able to use EPIC to schedule cases, understand billing and CPT codes, post process 2D and 3D imaging, and utilize power injector. Pre procedure activities will include discussing a case with an attending physician, pull relevant products and devices, and set up a sterile field. During a case, the technologist will be responsible for triaging any imaging related issues, maintain sterility/circulate for the scrub personnel. Post procedurally, the technologist should ensure all relevant images are transmitted to PACS, maintain equipment, perform post processing, and completing cases.
- Ensure safe administration of clinical imaging while maintaining radiation safety precautions.
- The technologist increases the efficient flow in the neurosurgical OR and is responsible for the care and proper use of equipment.
- This technologist should have a positive impact on patient care, workflow, and efficiency.
- Proficient in the use of all equipment in the section specific to examination to be performed. This includes patient care/monitoring equipment, etc. Also proficient in the use of the Health Systems telephone and pager systems, computer systems, Image cast, SMS, Medview, IDX system, etc.
- Amer Registry Radiologic Tech (Required)
- ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- BLS required.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- High School Diploma/GED required.
2+ year proficiency in the use of all equipment in the section specific to examination to be performed; this includes patient care/monitoring equipment, etc. Also proficient in the use of the Health Systems telephone and pager systems, computer systems, Image cast, SMS, Medview, IDX system, etc preferred.
- Associate of Arts or Science
- Associate's Degree preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE