Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Ambassador Ambulatory Concierge
Job ID: 182837
Work Type: PT 20+ HOURS
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ, United States
Date Posted: May 18, 2023
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Job Title: Ambassador Ambulatory Concierge
Department: CPUP, Cherry Hill Operations
Location: Penn Medicine Cherry Hill- 1865 Route 70 E
Hours: PT 20+ HOURS 1st shift
Summary: Delivers on our promise to provide a high quality and supportive welcome to all visitors, patients and families. This position is responsible for greeting and responding to the needs of our patients, visitors and families by providing information and assistance in a timely manner. Additionally, this position will cover Patient Services Associates (PSA) colleagues on an as needed basis, at the direction of their supervisor. As such, the Ambassador Ambulatory Concierge is also responsible for the arrival and/or departure activities of patients in the practice, managing and handling patient calls and inquiries, coordinating patient appointments, updating patient insurance/billing information, and performing point of service activities.
- Provide a welcome to every patient, family member or visitor in accordance with the training provided through Penn Medicine Academy (scripting).
- Initiates greeting and positive interaction to all.
- Anticipate and respond to patient, visitor and hospital staff concerns, expectations or needs in a timely manner.
- Assist immobile patients out of/into vehicles and into/out of wheelchairs safely and courteously.
- Manages visitor flow at entrances to assure patients of timely arrival for appointments.
- Support all way-finding, including the coordination of Outpatient Transports.
- Collaborate with patients, visitors and hospital staff to deliver a coordinated and seamless service to Patients and Visitors, including patient transportation.
- Work within a safe environment regarding patient's special needs in order to prevent falls or other accidents.
- Provide other services such as calling for cabs, coordinating para-transit, and assisting patients with hotels, restaurants and public transportation services.
- Ensure all outside vendors check in with Security.
- As per practice/department protocols and/or measurements: answer phones in a timely manner, manage/handle patient requests and route appropriately, retrieve voicemails in a timely manner, take accurate and thorough messages and route appropriately through EMR.
- Schedule patient appointments (on phone or in person) by determining reason for visit, following established schedules and protocols, using appropriate billing area/appointment location, communicating changes and confirming appointments, and, as needed, offering alternative and canceling/rescheduling appointments.
- Responsible for arriving/departing activities of patient at practice and performs point of service activities: collects copays and records accurately, obtains necessary signatures/forms, obtains insurance cards and referrals/authorizations, updates appointment status in EMR, and finalizes all check-out procedures.
- Communicates with patients regarding patient flow and wait times – keeps manager aware of potential issues as they arise.
- Issues referrals and obtains pre-authorizations for patients as required and as per protocol.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of insurance requirements pertinent to patient service and billing procedures: including basic knowledge of all managed care plans and which insurers require a copayment or referral.
- Records receipts accurately to ensure end of day reconciliation; participates in cash reconciliation delineations.
- Resolves work queues and/or issues from front-end reports; proactively prioritizes recovery of missing charges.
- Orders supplies for the office and generates front-end process reports as requested.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local regulatory standards (ex TJC, DOH, FDA, HIPAA, HCFA, DPW, LCGME, SCGME, etc)
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required) Associate of Arts or Science preferred
- Must successfully complete/pass EPIC schedgistration training/tests
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE