Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Coordinator Quality Improvement
Job ID: 183670
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: May 18, 2023
Work Schedule: Days
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Quality Improvement Coordinator will develop, maintain and evaluate systems processes in support of the Cell Therapy and Transplant program (CTT) including quality database(s), standard operating procedures, schedules/calendars, and paper/electronic systems. The position will coordinate ongoing accreditation reviews and inspections from transplant regulatory bodies such as: FACT, JCAHO, etc. The position will also oversee quality audits from outside cell therapy vendors to ensure compliance with label indications and appropriate clinical care.
- The Quality Improvement Coordinator will develop, maintain and evaluate systems processes in support of the Cell Therapy and Transplant program (CTT) including quality database(s), standard operating procedures, schedules/calendars, and paper/electronic systems. The position will coordinate ongoing accreditation reviews and inspections from transplant regulatory bodies such as: FACT, JCAHO, etc. The position will also oversee quality audits from outside cell therapy vendors to insure compliance with label indications and appropriate clinical care.
- The position will serve as a programmatic resource in the interpretation of regulatory and accreditation standards, as well as the development of systems/processes to ensure compliance. Assumes leadership role in facilitating activities of preparation for and performance of surveys by FACT, JCAHO, and other accrediting bodies.
- Maintain program compliance to current version of FACT standard and other regulatory bodies, for such things as event reporting, recipient and donor care, facility requirements, quality requirements, document control, etc.
- Conducts audits and analyze data on a quarterly basis to evaluate program compliance to internal SOPs, FACT standards, and other regulatory bodies.
- Collaborates with other departments (transfusion medicine, path and lab medicine, nursing, pharmacy, etc.) to develop quality initiatives and corrective actions plans (as needed) to improve program performance.
- Develops and/or maintains SOPs as required in collaboration with CTT physicians, nurses, transfusion medicine, pharmacy, etc.
- Compiles quality and survival data as requested to complete RFIs required by payers in a timely manner.
- Completes at least 10 CE hours annually related to Heme Malignancies, quality improvement or Cellular Therapy and Transplant.
- Coordinates/leads quarterly QI meetings in collaboration with CTT physician chair in order to communicate QI initiatives and performance to key personnel and staff.
- Assumes leadership role in preparation of and for inspections by FACT, and other regulatory bodies, for the clinical and bone marrow collection facilities and collaborates with transfusion medicine and other hospital services to ensure their inspection readiness.
- Provides annual summary of QI activities of CTT program.
- Compiles annual CE activities of CTT staff to maintain QI standards.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
- CPR certification
- Registered Nurse - PA
- RN license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- Nursing, Healthcare, or Science
3+ years In a clinical health care setting
Quality improvement or FACT experience preferred
Oncology experience preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE