Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Admin Coordinator Per Diem Evenings- Plainsboro, NJ
Job ID: 180981
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Work Schedule: Per Diem Evenings
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Administrative Coordinator is a registered professional nurse who is administratively responsible for the efficient coordination of patient care activities. AC’s are responsible for the delivery of safe, customer-focused, efficient care during their shift, in accordance with nationally accepted standards of nursing care and practice, and monitors standards established by the Joint Commission and other regulatory bodies. Responsible to support, teach, encourage all clinical staff, and monitor patient care. Will keep the nursing managers or department directors informed of any issues that need to be resolved.
- Provides operational oversight for the facility, guidance, supervision, direction and assistance to staff while monitoring the safety of patients and staff while also monitoring ED throughput to ensure timely bed placement and patient flow. Monitors global operations to ensure timely delivery of patient care in a cost effective manner that maintains Joint Commission and Department of Health standards.
- Collaborates with managers and/or assigned staff in charge to assist in bed management and house-wide activities while Demonstrating leadership ability and management skills.
- Works with staff to resolve problems concerning patient care issues while Serving as a role model for employees and promoting cooperative relationships with all departments.
- Accountable for improving patient care through adherence to all patient safety and quality standards, regulations, and best practices.
- Communicates with Legal and Risk as necessary.
- Communicates with the Administrator on Call as necessary.
- Counsels employees and initiates disciplinary action as necessary.
- Responds to all emergency situations, when available, within the facility, including but not limited to, the initiation of the Incident Command Center.
- Assist with transfer of patients post event to higher level of care as needed and support receiving staff nurses as needed.
- Performs other duties or projects as assigned by the Nurse Leader.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Registered Nurse - NJ (Required)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) required
2-4 years’ relevant work experience required
More than 5 years experience preferred
- Master's degree - preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE